Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Targa-Effective roll bar?

Nick jones

Hi all yet again.

Ok, on the Targa; does the bar behind the driver's seat act as a roll bar in the event of the car turning over? Is it designed to withstand such an incident?

If so, this must be quite a big safety feature for the car. I shall have my partner and our daughter in the car with me much of the time...so this offers me some reassurance to be honest.

BTW> I do not intend to roll the car ;)

Thanks,

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109846

It was advertised by Porsche as a roll over bar when first introduced.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/targa%201975%20Porsche%20914%20911%20small.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109859

Yes it is and I have seen one go onto it at speed and then be rolled back onto it's wheels with limited damage. Ofcourse it is moving teh centre of gravity of the car higher.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109860

And the roof panel stowed in the boot moves it lower to compensate....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109861

Lovely cheers guys.

It's nice to build up a nice list to justify it this way :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109871

even at circa 18 years old the roll over design of the 964 targa was ahead of it's time

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110033

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back