Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

oil on the garage floor

alan sweeney

Hi,

Went to take the beast out for a family Sunday blast and did my obsessive compulsive bit and checked under the engine and noticed oil on the floor midline of the car. Patch is about 3 inches. The sump nut appears to be the culprit. However not ruling out RMS.

If it is RMS would the deposit of oil be midline?? Suppose it depends on where the oil tracks to though.

Is it usual for the sump nut to leak? Is there a gasket on it?

It is due for a service in Feb and the warranty check. If it is RMS will get it sorted under that.

Any way did an oil check with the OBC and full. Took her out for a blast. No performance issues or sluggishness.

Got back did another oil check still registering full.

Any way awesome drive along the M4, M5 and M50 best bit of weather for some time and nice sun set.

Always makes me smile, will always have a 911!!

Alan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109247

classic RMS allan,

sump nut rarely leaks, depends where the oil runs under the floorpan,

have a wtty?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109251

Hi Daz,

Yep got a warranty will be phoning OPC tomorrow. Hopefully get a nice toy to play with :D
. If I get the 997 TT demo which I have been promised I can have a long drive in, since the launch last year, could be an expensive 2007 :eek: :wink:

Alan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109260

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back