Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1973 2.7 RS

Dr Strange

Hi all. A colleague of mine whose family are based in Italy has revealed to me that her late father still has an immaculate, genuine, very low kms 2.7RS in the family garage in Tuscany that her mum now wishes to sell to release the equity/ space. I've got some pictures from various angles, including the mechanicals, on a CD that I'm happy to attempt to post on here, but might benefit from some instruction first! The car is white and still has literally all the original bits (including the door transfers still in the box!), tools etc. She can supply me with further details for interested parties. This is a genuine post, no catches, I'm just trying to help and know that afficionados like yourselves will appreciate first bite at this cherry!! If any of you are interested then please let me know by pm and I'll furnish you with further details. The family have a reasonable idea what this is likely to be worth, so no point in any professionals trying to take advantage etc. It seems to me that genuine motors like this are as rare as the proverbial rocking horse waste, so genuine enquiries expected. Cheers, Bob.

ps. Admins, hope this is okay and I haven't broken any rules?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108514

If only I had the money! They are amazing cars.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108517

I'll have it !

Can i pay them back in extra extra virgin oilive oil direct from the father in laws place in S Italy ? :wink:

Pics pleeease.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108519

So how much are these things worth??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108529

This image upload tool is a pile of pants! I've sized the .jpg files to 30k only and posted them as asked, so why the no show?? Bob.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108536

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 11 January 2007

Good ones c. 150K................(walksoffcrying)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108537

Help....it should be easier than this! Has anyone managed to use the image upload tool correctly first time? Bob.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108539

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 11 January 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 11 January 2007

*****, this years bonus wasn't that good :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108541

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 11 January 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 11 January 2007So how much are these things worth??

In euros maybe.

Depends on spec., where it sits in the production series, condition and originality.

A guy in France has been trying to sell 9113600308 for €123,000 (about £84k) for several months - but with no success as the history is incomplete.

The 'first 500' cars will always carry a premium over the later cars (for a number of reasons - happy to explain if anyone's interested), and a lightweight M471 will always carry a large premium over a touring M472.

RHD will, as always, command a premium over LHD - 101 RHD produced and c. !,400 in LHD. RHD 'first 500' very, very desirable.

Assuming completely original and no 'stories' a RHD lightweight would be worth around £150k, a touring upto £125k.

LHD lightweight around £130k, touring around £90k (there were many more of them!).

Value is entirely dependant on whether it is still matching numbers, originality of the car - original RS rear wing flares, no body damage repairs, correct fittings - RS seats, RS steering wheel, correct toolkit, etc.

Owners manuals supplements (a ten page flimsy A5ish size booklet) can, in English, command upto £1,000 alone!

They are rare and highly desirable cars but the 'doggy' ones are best avoided as the cost to put them right can be astronomical.

Very interested to know more about this car as low mileage, original owner, original condition cars are always wanted.

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108548

pjmt - why do you respond to my post by saying "in euros maybe" and then continue on to say exactly what i had said that good cars are around 150k........

i take it from you final sentence that you are a dealer of some sort.........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108550

Philip,

you've had both 993 RS and 2.7RS, how would you compare them on a track? I know they're totally different but would be interesting to compare and contrast. Have you managed to drive the 2.7RS on trackdays? or is it just too rare and valuable to track?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108551

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dr Strange on 11 January 2007
This image upload tool is a pile of pants! I've sized the .jpg files to 30k only and posted them as asked, so why the no show?? Bob.
the link you posted for your image is
http://www.911uk.com/UploadedForumImages/2.

I added the jpg but that looks like a lambo :p if you give me the name of the file i can proabably get the link working

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/2.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108560

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 11 January 2007

Philip,

you've had both 993 RS and 2.7RS, how would you compare them on a track? I know they're totally different but would be interesting to compare and contrast. Have you managed to drive the 2.7RS on trackdays? or is it just too rare and valuable to track?
Not tempted are you Mick???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108565

Simon,

File i.d is 2.7rssmall

Cheers, Bob.

ps i tried vlads advice to paste in the forum pic 'address' with the small tree icon but only got the blank seen in my last post.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108578

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dr Strange on 11 January 2007

now now Bob it works for everyone, so it is likely something at your end

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108579

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back