Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A few months in...

Matt Friend

of ownership of my '86 3.2 Carrera...

I could cut this whole story short, and just say i f*ckin love the thing... (apols for swearing...)

Having come from a long line of strictly italian cars, I didnt fancy the changeover, but thought, why not.

Last car was an integrale, had a few others before that, a rare dedra grale and alfa Q4, few punto turbos (before they got chavved up) and a roll caged cinq... to name a few...

Anyway i digress... The evening i got the car, i took it for a quick dark wet spin around the block and shut up shop for the night itching to drive it again... The car spec is slightly modified, corbeau recliners and harnesses, 993 turbo wheels and brakes, bilstein \ koni suspension, stainless exhaust etc etc and its in really good condition.

After a few weeks of DVLA ***** ups, number plate transfers and general busyness at work, i got to take it for a decent drive. It felt so solid compared to previous stuff, even down the the door shutting and sounding "shut"...

This weekend I clocked up a few hundred miles, and whilst being appauled at the 16mpg i averaged :eek: i loved every minute of the drive, provoking it on roundabout exits, the speed of acceleration, although slower than the delta, this thing gathers pace so fast, the sound, oh the sound - never did i think i'd have the sunroof open this time of year... the heater, if you can call it that is "interesting" to say the least, but i can live with it.

The steering feedback is unbeleiveable, i swear i can tell what each front wheel is doing indiviually, the grip is immense, even on the R888's i have on, it truly is a piece of fantastic engineering...

I guess thats the difference between supercars, and cars...

Matt

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107365

the Q is tho..............do you miss the Integrale?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107369

Honestly?

No...

I miss the safety net of the 4wd, but i guess this will just make me a better driver, which afterall, is where we all want to be...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107373

good work matt, and as you have just gained your 2nd star

did you car swap with Ade ? if so be interesting to hear how you both now feel !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107374

Adrian had the Delta off me yes, i know he loves it... is he on here? if not i'll pinch a post from the other forum I know him from...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107377

16 mpg is that about average on a run? I had better start saving! I pick mine up this week.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107575

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back