Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PORSCHE HELP PLEASE!!

sibz

Hey everyone im looking at getting a porsche 911, got around 30-35k to spend and would love a C4s.

Just a couple of questions

1 -Would this car be ok as my only car 10-12k a year in miles, would i expect any probs??

2 -How reliable are these cars heard they blow engines and something about oil leaks in the engine or something?? Bit scary!!

3 -How much would this car cost me a year to maintain in services,repairs/maintanance ect??

Please everyone i am new to porsches and dont know alot,any help is much much appreciated, kind regards Michael S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106977

Works for me as a daily driver 40 mile commuting a day - if you have the Porsche warranty I don't think you have anything to fear, RMS leaks etc...

I think you'll have to spend the top end of your budget though maybe a bit over for a C4S.

Great car in 6 months no probs just lots of fun, very usable, the rear seats are good for kids to about 10 - very practical - or thats what I told her indoors anyway.

Go for it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106979

Hi Michael,

As a relative newcomer to the scene I can offer you what I have found out.

A C4S will be a MY2002 and so more like £40k at the moment.

Mileage is fine but be prepared to take a depreciation hit and budget for annual servicing say £500 - £1000 and tyres annually with that mileage.

Get a warranty to cover all eventualities - engines failures are rare - the RMS (rear main seal) weeps normally - some leak and need changing - some don't.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106980

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by stats007 on 06 January 2007

Hi Michael,

As a relative newcomer to the scene I can offer you what I have found out.

A C4S will be a MY2002 and so more like £40k at the moment.

Mileage is fine but be prepared to take a depreciation hit and budget for annual servicing say £500 - £1000 and tyres annually with that mileage.

Get a warranty to cover all eventualities - engines failures are rare - the RMS (rear main seal) weeps normally - some leak and need changing - some don't.
Do youhave any pics of your cars guys???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106987

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back