Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996, 14k miles for 21k?

oliie

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of sourcing a 993/6 to replace my Clio Trophy as my Tin Can of choice.

I've recently spotted a LHD 996 for sale at £21.7k. It is an early 2000 model (W reg), blue with Tan leather. It only has 14,000 miles on the clock with Porsche history. The car is HPI clear.

This seems a little cheap but I just wanted to see what the census is on such a priced car as I'm not very familiar with LHD prices.

Any opinions or wise words are greatly appreciated! Also if anyone is interested in the little Trophy as a weekend toy.... ;)

Cheers

Oliver

P.S. great forum :)

P.P.S. Photos of the car in question are below...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106947

For similar money you are probably only going to get a RHD 98 996 with quite high miles. A few are getting to this price, but dealers are quite a lot more expensive.

Price for a 2000 W is good, but it's left hand drive, not the best colour combo and when looking to sell on it wont be the most desirable in the UK.

I would say pay a bit more for a RHD 996 or I am sure there are some nice 993's out there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106949

Yup... that's the one!!! Very well done! :)

O.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106950

Been in Northern Ireland, didn't someone say right-offs are not recorded over there. Have it fully checked if you are serious. History seems iffy imported, been to Ireland, low mileage. If it's clean then a good buy. But something smells a little.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106952

A bit more information that I have received:

1st service: 5,000 miles in January 2004

2nd service: 11,000 in April 2005

However as the car was registered in 2000, this means that the car sat for four years without a service.

It seems that maybe in this instance more mileage may actually be better than such a low mileage car?

But then it is £21.7k....

Decisions, decisions!

O.

Edit: it is an auto which doesn't help the case...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106955

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 06 January 2007

Been in Northern Ireland,
colwyn bay is in Wales, unless it's moved !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106958

Sundeep - I think Rob meant the car was in NI before coming to the UK.

The history was DE (00) -> UK -> NI('05) -> UK ('06, Current). Just one year in NI.

O.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106961

Personally I'd avoid it - cheap is rarely cheap and from what I can gather (with limited 996 knowledge) up to 15k miles is the telling point for any major engine work.

Would an OPC even issue a warranty on an imported car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106962

sounds too good to be true even if its LHD...........also i'm sure there are genuine sellers on eBay but I certainly wouldn't think about buying a 911 off there

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106963

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 06 January 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 06 January 2007Been in Northern Ireland,
colwyn bay is in Wales, unless it's moved ![/i:lhPASUdKYE]
Oi sunny, I may not be able to drive, but me geography is good. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106966

Personally I wouldn't touch it. Loads of risks in that description. Well too many for me anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107012

somethings not right, the first services would def have happened. Does the service book have the sticker inside the front cover and also another under the bonnet.

I cannot see one of these being bought and having no service for 4 years

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107043

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 06 January 2007

sounds too good to be true even if its LHD...........also i'm sure there are genuine sellers on eBay but I certainly wouldn't think about buying a 911 off there
Not that it makes too much difference, but FYI the car is also in Autotrader (which is actually where I first noticed it, listed cheaper than on eBay... that's a first!).

Thanks for all the opinions. It is a very tempting option - I don't think I've seen too many cars with such mileage after almost 7 years.

I was considering having it checked out by either Porsche or an independant person to see... maybe it is a genuinely good buy.

That said I've spent the last 6 hours researching the other options... it seems a 40k mile car with RHD is only another £1-3k more at the moment. This isn't a lot of money to pay for peace of mind.

Thanks again; all opinions greatly appreciated :)

O.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107045

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oliie on 06 January 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 06 January 2007

Not that it makes too much difference, but FYI the car is also in Autotrader (which is actually where I first noticed it, listed cheaper than on eBay... that's a first!).

Thanks for all the opinions. It is a very tempting option - I don't think I've seen too many cars with such mileage after almost 7 years.

I was considering having it checked out by either Porsche or an independant person to see... maybe it is a genuinely good buy.

That said I've spent the last 6 hours researching the other options... it seems a 40k mile car with RHD is only another £1-3k more at the moment. This isn't a lot of money to pay for peace of mind.

Thanks again; all opinions greatly appreciated :)

O.

ahhhh Autotrader the bastion of the honest dealer too :wink:

it still seems dodgy,might be worth you getting it checked at an OPC or indie tho,just in case it is genuine............depends how much you want to risk/gamble in doing so

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107076

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back