Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.3 964 turbo engine removal

stu.p

hiover the festive period my car developed the dreaded "flut flut flut" noise on tick over from especially underneath the car and when switching the engine off sometimes could be heard just before the engine came to a halt!!..i had been running the car now at 1 bar boost(peaking slightly above then resting at 1 bar) and with a cat bypass pipe fitted..after checking the usual,when i removed the lower cam cover i found 2-off in total head bolts with part of the broken stud in them which have snapped and fell into the cover,,i will obviously have to now remove the engine to start with to start a rebuild,,i have always done all my own maintenance on my cars but was looking for to start with the procedures for removing the engine on this model,,car is a 1992 3.3 turbo with 94,000 miles on the clock and was bloody pulling like a train before and even now!!!advice from yous more than welcome,,cheers!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104914

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back