Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£40K+ to spend 03/4 996 or 01 Turbo

Rob STEW

Spa-Francorchamps
HI - Dilema - - Having had my first ever 911 for nearly a year (1999 C2) I am contemplating upgrade The car will be used for work circa 10K per year i.e it won't be just weekend.. Advice would be appreciated as to to either a later 2003 ish 3.6 or 2001ish Turbo.. Also any experience would be appreciated. Note also I favour tiptronic.. Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104350

an early TT is closer to 45-50 especially a tip
unless you find a leftie which will be 40-45
a 3.6 isnt that different to a 3.4, yes there is more but what about a C4S for about 40 ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104368

You would notice a big difference to the turbo, but as Admin says you will be looking at nearer £50K IMO. The 3.6, is not very different to drive. I have a 3.4 and the mother a 3.6 and the feel very similar indeed.

Now a C4S would again give you a different drive and the turbo shape - definately worth considering.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104381

Thanks, I think it may end up pushing towards £45K anyway (depending on what mine makes ??) BUT What about 993 Turbo.. Looks like that may be a stable/appreciating investment also.. Are they as much an everyday drive ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104387

I've never driven a 993 TT, but I know the tipronic is not as good in a 993 and haven't seen many 993TT tips in the UK.

Simon and Tim have them though. Definately a good investment.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104388

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob STEW on 28 December 2006

Thanks, I think it may end up pushing towards £45K anyway (depending on what mine makes ??) BUT What about 993 Turbo.. Looks like that may be a stable/appreciating investment also.. Are they as much an everyday drive ?
you need to drive both as they are VERY different cars

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104411

may be wrong but thought 993TT didnt have Tip option ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104430

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Yanto on 28 December 2006

may be wrong but thought 993TT didnt have Tip option ?
quite right

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104441

Thanks to all..

Off to try 993 but think it may be a concerted search for C4S.. Nice one for £42K on pistonheads in Meridian Grey ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104463

Previous poster said:

Thanks to all.. Off to try 993 but think it may be a concerted search for C4S.. Nice one for £42K on pistonheads in Meridian Grey ??
You should get a good one for that sort of money. Meridan is a favoutite colour on this forum!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104518

996 carrera 4s! i would advice that, the widebody makes it look its moneys worth and is an absolute yes for everyday drive, with regards to the handling, performance and comfort!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104709

Previous poster said:

Thanks to all.. Off to try 993 but think it may be a concerted search for C4S.. Nice one for £42K on pistonheads in Meridian Grey ??
Rob - Autobahn in Cov have a few C4Ss at the moment. May be good for you to have a look just at the varying specs accross the cars.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104714

Thanks I was born & bred in Coventry (having worked for jag for many years !!) so I'll give Lash a call..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105062

I am pretty sure one of them was a tip with a really good spec - sat nav, bose, Alu pack, etc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105069

Just re-read the thread and they have an 02 Turbo as well. Would at least be good for you to drive both, back-to-back.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105073

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back