Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SC wont start... any ideas?

Hi all,

firstly, great site. I looked at a few before registering with this one.

I bought a 3.0l 1980 SC (80,000 miles) about 6 months ago and have had no probs with it until now. :lol:

Hopped in it the other day and it refused to start. I have a healthy battery, and a fat spark at every plug.

I have fuel under pressure at the banjo coupling on top of the fuel filter.

I've heard pub talk of faulty oil pressure senders giving no reading, causing the car to refuse to start as it thinks it has no oil pressure. I've also heard of backfires in the induction system damaging the airbox and causing vacuum leaks.

Can anyone substantiate these theory’s, or perhaps suggest what I might try next

many thanks

Nick

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/avator.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101597

I'll PM Sid out techie to see if he knows !

I assume the starter motor is turning over ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101633

HI,

cheers for the reply,

Last night I was going round in circles with it, so decided to start again with the basics (fuel + spark) and found that I don't have fuel pressuring up at the filter after all! So it seems I have an intermittent fuel delivery problem.

just spoken with Sid and he advised to check the fuel pump relay + fuse, and once I've given them the once over to check the pump itself. I'll let you know how I get on

cheers

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101872

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back