Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Options for GT3

Tiptronic

Banned
K so far I know about the Europipe,

however I am interested to hear about the other options, and in particular the PSE from OPC, cost etc

What have others experienced, this is the one area I think modern porsches really lack in comparison to Ferrari etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101143

Every GT3 I have ever heard always sounded pretty fantastic to me. I assumed that they all had the PSE as standard.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101145

SSport,
GT3s sound fantastic out of the box, but PSE is not standard and most don't have it.

Daz,
I had PSE on my GT3 before the Manthey mods. It really sounded fantastic and is a definite upgrade over the standard zorst, although it makes the car slightly noisy on static tests. It registered 103db static at 4500rpm which makes it a problem for circuits that only do the static noise test. However, drive by noise was never a problem including strict places like Castle Combe (I sneaked on without a noise test...) and Bedford.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101181

Get it down to Powerflow - two 5" slash-cut Jap-style back-boxes would just do the job!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101307

Cargraphics R system comes in either loud or quiet and looks the business, or there are 2 or 3 titanium systems out there now, Kreissieg do one which saves 40kg, all from behind the rear axle which is the best place to loose weight on a 911. All depends on how shocked your wallet will be

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101337

Oh and you're spot on with your comment about ferrari's Daz, since the 355 they have sounded like formula 1 cars when you nail 'em.

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101338

im looking for Santa to bring me a PSE (but not sure if its the same bit of kit you need as I dont have GT3).

Been getting prices today, Reading want £1020.37 + Vat and 8 hours to fit at £105.00 + Vat Per hour. Best so far Ive found from an OPC is £1582 inc vat supplied and fitted.

Question: I have sports chrono. Ive heard there is a switch to turn the PSE on, is this part of the chrono switch or will i have a separate switch?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101350

mantehy or PSE, preferably Manthey, gotta keep up with the Jones's ...........

sorry the Ong's...............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101359

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 18 December 2006

mantehy or PSE, preferably Manthey, gotta keep up with the Jones's ...........sorry the Ong's...............
LOL !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101368

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 18 December 2006
mantehy or PSE, preferably Manthey, gotta keep up with the Jones's ...........

sorry the Ong's...............

Cheeky git :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101417

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 18 December 2006
How much a Manthey exh?

K410 I hear comin' down the chute? :wink:

...it's a drug...
:twisted: :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101418

Daz, I believe you can fit the switchable PSE to the GT3.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101951

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 18 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 18 December 2006

How much a Manthey exh?
K410 I hear comin' down the chute? :wink:
...it's a drug... :twisted: :wink:
More like an airplane if it sounds anything like yours! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101961

New Threads

Forum statistics