Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sad Day....

Gazzarc

Drove my baby for what may be the last real trip. Took it to Leeds where it will reside in a friends garage until it goes up for sale in the spring. My upcoming move to the big city (this saturday) leaves me without a garage or decent secure parking. Plus living and working in town, as I have done befeore, means there is no real need for a car.

It was a fabulous, yet sad, journey. From the sweeping esses leading onto the motorway right up to the final hack through the Yorkshire countryside. Being midnight and v. quiet speeds were..shall we say "right on the legal limit!!"

Geez am I gonna miss it when it goes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98455

Gaz, sorry to hear this. That's such a nice car, you've got to find a way of keeping it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98464

I'd love to. But where I'm going in London will not have a garage/secure parking and it would kill me to keep it on the road.

I have looked into car storage facilities but the downside is that you need a car to get to them!!! And as I dont intend to run an everyday car that rules that out.

It just wouldnt make sense.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98469

Gaz, thought you'd found a buyer?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98487

no worries mate, but let us know when you're in the City and we'll hook up for a beer !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98495

Nic - Yeah, in principal I have. Lloyd agreed to buy it when we were in Cafe Rouge but not until April. Its the wrong time of year to try and sell it anyway. So its garaged "oop North" until spring when I will see if he is still interested.

Sundeep - Maybe some sort of pre xmas beverage could be in order one night after work, I know that my office is 5 mins walk from Rich Eff. Anyone else in town? One night over the next two weeks?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98500

Hi Gaz,

We are doing the reverse trip - exchanged on the flat Wednesday evening and moving to Whaddon (near Milton Keynes) next Friday - I can't wait!

Exactly where are you moving to in London?

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98524

Gaz, Sorry to hear it. I have to say out of all the cars at Birmingham the other week yours was the truely iconic 911 an absolute beauty. Hopefully Lloyd will have it off you but if not I am sure it will find a very good home.

As for a beer I will PM you my number

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98537

Cheers Dave...It is the classic poster car isnt it? Thats why I wanted it. Interestingly when I tried to sell it earlier this year I had virtually no interest at all.

Maybe I can get access rights from Lloyd, and visit every other weekend.... :wink:

Beer sounds good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98552

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 08 December 2006

Gaz, Sorry to hear it. I have to say out of all the cars at Birmingham the other week yours was
the truely iconic 911
an absolute beauty. Hopefully Lloyd will have it off you but if not I am sure it will find a very good home.

You finally admit it.

My lecturing is working then.... :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98561

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 08 December 2006

Previous poster said:

Gaz, Sorry to hear it. I have to say out of all the cars at Birmingham the other week yours was
the truely iconic 911
an absolute beauty. Hopefully Lloyd will have it off you but if not I am sure it will find a very good home.

You finally admit it.

My lecturing is working then.... :twisted:
Even I might get one...

eventually! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98569

Only in that colour and having a full roof. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98578

Previous poster said:

Only in that colour and having a full roof. :wink:
at least Tara is a "proper" 911. :twisted: