Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997GT3/993RS dimensions- for garage entry

Nishal Patel

OK chaps and girls, try not to laugh.

Went to get some christmas prezzies for neices and nephews today.

Wife was driving our little city car parked on own drive which is quite steep- leading to my study (previously converted garage) which has a short brick wall and large double glazing windows.

clearly, i was next to her-for some unknown reason she engages D and next thing the car hurtles toward the study. Knee-jerk reactions from myself save the wall, but the damage has been done. Wall still holding with a large indent, inside, the double glazing has shifted and there are obvious cracks on the wall.

Now, had discussion with the wife, what if i reconvert the study into a carpet lined garage so the 993RS/997GT3 can live safely (at the moment my C4S is on the drive with a cover).

Looks like this negative experience is turning positive, good response albeit the initial shock of it. Then me thinks well if we going to do this then i might as well consider getting a 993RS or 997GT3 later which i could fit in the old study (helped also by the fact that i don't have to have the CTEK wired outside)

So if Mick, you have any details of the size of the RS, confirmed by official datasheets, i'd be greatful so i can show the builder how wide i want the garage door to be.

Any else, please feel free to comment, just don't mention how it happened, as like yourself i am still trying to figure it out!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96863

Ooops!!! I suspect the city car fared somewhat worse in all of this??

You've probably figured this already, but sounds like your Insurance might pay for the study to become a garage again... :wink:

Interested to know what your 'knee-jerk reaction' consisted of... :D
was it just verbal?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96879

ouch !

actually would wide body 993 is wider than the narrow body 993 RS, so you have a good template to use with some extra...

carpet lined !! get in a pit or a ramp to make it into more of a garage !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96924

Nisha, as Sundeep said, the RS is basically a narrow body 993 shell with different bits inside. If you can fit the wide bodied C4S in the garage you should have no problem with the RS. Not sure about the GT3 though, they are a little bit fat arsed! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96944

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back