Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BBS wheels for 993RS

Carrera

Banned
Just sitting here, festering, getting depressed 'cos I can't find my Speed Yellow RS, beginning to think about what wheels I'd like to have on the car.

The OEM Speedline is too heavy, and a pian to maintain. The only other sensible option seems to be the BBS wheels. They're now making the racing wheels with aluminium instead of the magnesium centre, which is even lighter! and stronger.

It can come with silver, black or gold. Not keen on silver 'cos it looks a bit too ordinary for such a striking wheels. Black is out 'cos SunnyD's got black wheels so I'm not allowed black wheels. Which leaves gold, which I like very much.

But, the question is, does it look good on a yellow car?

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/BBS
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/BBS

8”
BBS racing Alu : 9,10 Kg

10”
BBS racing Alu : 9,45 Kg

Speedlines as originally on 993RS :

8x18 ET 52 : 12.005 Kg

10x18 ET 65 : 13.250 Kg

So for a set of wheels there's 13.4 kg difference in un-sprung weight!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95746

BBS LM's

Hell yea !!!!!

Mick, chill you've only been looking for days ! patience, it's not like these are in plenty supply.....

that Japan car ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95752

Mick, i've got the gold 18" trnnies on my black CS (left hand pic) - a bit JPS ish, tho' theres a piccy on the forum.

techy silver copies look nice, but not me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95753

Sundeep, these are not the LM, they're even lighter than LM! Fancy a set instead of the black ones you've got?

I'm afraid I'm not the most patient person when it comes to buying things. I just want to have it yesterday when I decide to buy one! I can wait forever if I hadn't decided to buy.

Fraser, those wheels would look great on your black CS, but do you think it clashes with yellow?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95756

Mick... I would go for black on a yellow car....

will make it look like a bumble bee :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95760

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 30 November 2006

Sundeep, these are not the LM, they're even lighter than LM! Fancy a set instead of the black ones you've got?

I'm afraid I'm not the most patient person when it comes to buying things. I just want to have it yesterday when I decide to buy one! I can wait forever if I hadn't decided to buy.

Fraser, those wheels would look great on your black CS, but do you think it clashes with yellow?

Difficult call Mick, if you want to pop over with a yellow car, I'll park next to it.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95762

put your wheels on Mrs F's car.... :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95763

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 30 November 2006

Mick... I would go for black on a yellow car....

will make it look like a bumble bee :)

Tell SunnyD that! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95764

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 968 Fraser on 30 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Difficult call Mick, if you want to pop over with a yellow car, I'll park next to it.....

We could do that if I get it before our next meet! Fingers toes and every cross-able bits crossed!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95767

Those are the wheels I'm after Mick.

Go and find an RS so we can negotiate a bulk purchase from BBS !

Happy hunting.

PP :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95768

That's sounds like a great plan! :D

Gert from Carnewal said there's a 5-6 wks wait, or are you thinking of getting them straight from BBS?

Anybody else interested? SunnyD, so you won't look like bumble bee? Daz, just to complete the gold wheels on yellow car team of 911uk?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95774

As I have said Mick, Don't worry about this Sundeep bloke :oops:
.. Get them with black centres !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95795

Might as well go direct, might just get a better price.

Yellow and black, ideal combo :lol:
I'm sticking with boring old silver.

Out of interest, have you looked at Cargraphic wheels ?

PP :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95807

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back