Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New badge for bonnet

Glenn Wallis

Any advice on this very welcome...

As a purist I am concerned as to whether I should replace the flaking bonnet badge on my 1986 911 Supersport and if so, where might I get a reasonably priced replacement and should I keep the original?

Thanks again

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94383

I changed the badge and the headlights (gravel chips) on my 3.2 Carrera - it transformed the car taking years off it.
Like the sentimental old git that I am I have the original badge in the bedside drawer - the car went to its new owner over 3 years ago. :)

Check the official price at a Porsche genuine dealership before you pay more elsewhere expecting them to be cheaper - check ebay too - but obviously you want a genuine one. You can get a silver colour version if that suits the body colour.

see here as an example

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalog/porsche_decals_badges.html

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94404

It can be replaced quite easily, can't remember how much but you can get one in most Porsche parts shops for not very much.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94405

agree with stevo the look for a fresh porsche badge lifts the car, worked wonders on my old 993 !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94433

How do they come off?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94747

I have a theory that the cheap ones on ebay etc have the porsche lettering in gold where as the proper ones are in black?

I have a gold lettering one that is surplus to requirements if you'd like it

un need a socket set to fit them dead 10mm if i remember

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94751

Thanks very much Mark - wish I'd read of your kind offer before ordering one from the net. Appreciated though thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95277

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back