Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Panic stations!

Wattie

Zandvoort
Gave my C4 a run this morning, after using a Landie for the past few weeks, and got just 5 miles before it started sounding like Del-Boys Reliant van!

Really viscious misfire on the offside cylinder bank and convinced that the dreaded cracked cylinder wall 996 engine failure syndrome had struck... :eek:

However, a quick check showed coolant level & colour normal, no emulsion in oil / coolant - very strange... So took a chance after an hour or so and tried re-starting, and lo and behold - no mis-fire! :lol:

Think it must have been damp coil / wiring or something, but now need to see doctor about heart rate and blood pressure I think... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93614

Phew! Sounds electrical. Are you going to have it checked out, or just wait and see?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93636

As I had just driven through a lot of standing water, I think I'll put it down to dampness and wait and see... It's due for a service in the next couple of thousand miles, so if it's still OK then I'm sure they'll find anything wrong if they can charge me for fixing it... :twisted:

Gave me a scare though - thought the engine might hydraulic when I restarted!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93671

I bet - that would completely freak me out. I was having panic attacks when the maf sensor went on mine and it wasn't running well at all!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93778

Had that in May in Germany...

Had a misfire on my way to Zuffenhausen so stopped to check water - seemed OK and drove off: About 20 clicks later the water temp light came on (together with the PSM & ABS lights :? ), pulled into services again with steam everywhere and water pi$$ing out of rear nearside, as I hadn't put the coolant tank lid on properly!!!

Now thanking my lucky stars thinking I might need the AA 5-star I bought at Eurotunnel, but made it to the factory for a museum visit. Worked out really well as the dealer opposite the factory fitted a new MAF sensor and brake pedal switch for less than half the price of the OPC here quoted, and I got to see a new GT3 6 months ago (and got told off for taking the following... :twisted: )

DSC_1293a.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94393

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back