Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reversing lights! - 3.2 Carrera

HML1473

My first question for you 3.2 experts out there!......My reversing lights are not working and it does not appear to be the fuse. Everything else is working as it should. Can anyone tell me where the r/l switch is on an '88 3.2 Carrera?.....How easy is it to get at etc?.....Thanks in advance folks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93597

Not sure about that, guess it could be a number of things.

I need to take mine apart too, I have no number plate lights or left and tail light, but do have everything else. Had a brief look the other day, but the light clusters like quite hefty so put it back together.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93602

Not sure how it works on a Porsche but 'normal' cars have a switch on the gearbox that is depressed when reverse is selected. Ive had a few of these fail over the years and its a simple repair. Just a matter of disconnecting the wiring (usually a spade connector) and unscrewing the switch with a socket and replce with new unit.

Last 1 I did on a Vauxhall was under a tenner.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93604

That would be my initial guess too!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93985

worth checking the connector to reverse gear ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93990

Reverse lamp switch is on side of gearbox, has two wires on it and a rubber boot over the top. Try joining the two wires with ignition on if they work the switch is done. Quite common for wires to break off at the switch, Not a major problem to fix.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95278

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by electech on 29 November 2006

Reverse lamp switch is on side of gearbox, has two wires on it and a rubber boot over the top. Try joining the two wires with ignition on if they work the switch is done. Quite common for wires to break off at the switch, Not a major problem to fix.
Many thanks electech! I'll have a look! :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95442

Mine stopped working too. £48 quoted for new switch ... BUT... it was a broken wire. Seemingly a common probelm and easily fixed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108185

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back