Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I've got a Boxster!

Dave

Portimao
Dropped mine down to Mid Sussex OPC to sort out a small niggle and they have given me a Boxster 2.7 for the day.

Driving from Burgess Hill to Redhill I have had one w8nker hand gesticulation from a bloke in a transit, had w8nker shouted at me from a building site and been sneered at by a bloke in a 996 C2. I am sure I am not driving any different today as I normally do (apart from much slower) and have not got the hood down or anything silly like that. I have never received negative comments in either my old Targa or the Turbo so why the antaganism towards the Boxster.

The Boxster (although gutless) is good fun to drive and sounds pretty cool.

Nicola I can see why you want one, would definately suit you

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92397

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 22 November 2006

Dropped mine down to Mid Sussex OPC to sort out a small niggle and they have given me a Boxster 2.7 for the day.

Driving from Burgess Hill to Redhill I have had one w8nker hand gesticulation from a bloke in a transit, had w8nker shouted at me from a building site and been sneered at by a bloke in a 996 C2. I am sure I am not driving any different today as I normally do (apart from much slower) and have not got the hood down or anything silly like that. I have never received negative comments in either my old Targa or the Turbo so why the antaganism towards the Boxster.

The Boxster (although gutless) is good fun to drive and sounds pretty cool.

Nicola I can see why you want one, would definately suit you
I would not think it was the car... Just people know know you !!

LOL... :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92406

I too thought they were a bit gutless. You certainly have to thrash the bollocks off them to get to shift. As he said though they are nice to drive and sound great.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92409

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mark pearce on 22 November 2006

2.7's arent gutless,
I was disappointed at the mid range pick up, it did seem to lack something. I imagine the new 3.4 is a riot though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92410

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 22 November 2006

... had w8nker shouted at me from a building site and been sneered at by a bloke in a 996 C2....
Couldn't be that now you're travelling at something slower than the speed of light you're getting the opportunity to enjoy more of the scenery and some of the 4rses that hide in it could it?

Seldom get abuse in the 68, but only cuz no 8ugger knows what it is [engine at wrong end, water cooling etc].

You'll just appreciate your daily wagon that much more when you get it back [ may be hooning round {temporarily} in a Boxst myself shortly....also having a goosey at the 911 market :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92411

Very early days, a 964 Ade.

ps - still hanging onto the CS, tho my Sport may go

pps - MO30 Sport :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92415

I had the 2.7 the first time I took my 911 for some work, and I found it a little "gutless". Still good fun though.

The last twice I have been given an S, and its feels completely different. Great fun to throw around, and great feedback from the engine just behind your ear. Odd that you do get more attention for some reason than with the 911 (some good, some bad).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92416

Dave after the turbo I would imagine anything feels gutless :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92417

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mark pearce on 22 November 2006

2.7's arent gutless,
oh yes they are !! had one last year as a loan car 987 and it was a case of oh my god how slow is this !! a tad disappointing, but suited the mrs very well !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92418

Dave....

I think i've got that same Boxster on Monday when mine goes in so be nice to it :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92419

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 22 November 2006

Dave....

I think i've got that same Boxster on Monday when mine goes in so be nice to it :wink:

Scott you weren't the 996 C2 owner sneering at Dave were you?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92420

Previous poster said:

Dave....

Best you hope he isn't using it in the potentially wet Karting session on Saturday Scott.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92421

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 22 November 2006

Previous poster said:

Dave....

Scott you weren't the 996 C2 owner sneering at Dave were you?
As if......had I known about it it would have definitely been me but alas shopping car is out today!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92430

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back