Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Washing MF towels?

PolarExpress

Banned
I've got loads of MF towels that I buy in bulk and are relatively cheap and good quality too. They normally go through the following lifecycle (without washing in between):

1) buffing off wax
2) general detailing using the detailing spray
3) glass cleaning
4) wheel cleaning
5) Autosol'ing the exhaust tips
6) rubbish bin

So instead of subjecting them to this lifecycle which ends in the bin, what's the best way to wash them and reuse them? I've heard that one shouldn't use fabric conditioners because the conditioner coats the fibres reducing their efficacy, etc... but is a washing machine even the best idea?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92238

wash on a 40 but no softner

works with mine

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92242

Funny,

Just did all mine tonight, as they were bulging out of the box !!!

90 dgree hot wash, but i haven't seen the results yet.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92276

90 ! although do they have a label ?

hope they werent different colours !

hold on hold on ! you did yours ?????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92281

I'm sure the official Zymol ones have washing instructions. <runsoftohuntforZymolmicrofibretowel>

Glenn are you single or summat? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92283

Well i was in very bad books tonight for some Porsche related reason......so i thought i'd best to get on with it !!!!!

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92286

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 21 November 2006

Well i was in very bad books tonight for some Porsche related reason......so i thought i'd best to get on with it !!!!!

G.

tell all :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92291

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 21 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 21 November 2006

G.

tell all :twisted:
Nooooooo Nooooo Noooo.....

You'll all get your tissues out, and feel sorry for me, then there'll be tears and all sorts of carryings on :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92292

nah... we'll just have a giggle at your expense! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92294

Well i've just got them out of the washing machine, and they're all the same colour as when they went in !!!!

all i need to do now, is work out this damn tumble dryer thingy, and i'm laughing !!!!! :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92296

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 22 November 2006

Well i've just got them out of the washing machine, and they're all the same colour as when they went in !!!!

all i need to do now, is work out this damn tumble dryer thingy, and i'm laughing !!!!! :?

still dirty? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92299

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 22 November 2006

for real :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92301

I shove them in on a 60degree wash with no fabric conditioner.

Adrien - for Autosol use try not to mix them up with the waxing clothes - the Autosol stays in after washing - I personally use old T shirts, cut up for Autosol polishing and buffing.

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92314

You can machine wash without any problems at all. Just make sure you dont use any conditioners.

Something like Persil non-bio tablets are fine at 40 degree.

Also try not to mix the towels, put the wax/buffing towels in together and wash them seperately. Also only use the same cloths for the same task even after they have been washed. Just to be on the safe side and to help prevent cross-contamination. It might be worthwhile investing in different coloured ones so you dont mix them up and have each colour assigned for various tasks.

Hope this helps, any questions feel free to PM me.

Best regards

Elite

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92319

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back