Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

another GT3-MK2 anyone seen this one ??

Daniel

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91917

Dan,
I think that's the one they've been discussing at length re no A/C...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91918

Oh.. Ok !

:oops:

(must pay more attention on the forum)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91919

and they are based in B'ham.... maybe worth a visit on sat morning pre karts ? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91924

Almost on the way for Daz!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91934

It'd be interesting to check the build spec on it at an OPC - why would anyone specify CS Nomex seats and no aircon, yet put in a centre console? Surely a CS would make more sense? If it *is* a CS why has the cage been taken out of the back?

Doesn't make sense to me :?

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91945

it's doesnt look like a club sport i.e. the rear cage is silver not black, silver indicates it was a dealer fit.....

and the seats are an easy retro if as well......but as spotted by Philip the centre consol delete was standard fit on the CS

and unless the floor mats have been changed, the tell tale holes for the fire extinguisher and CS roll cage are not there......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91951

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 21 November 2006
it's doesnt look like a club sport i.e. the rear cage is silver not black, silver indicates it was a dealer fit.....
and the seats are an easy retro if as well......but as spotted by Philip the centre consol delete was standard fit on the CS
and unless the floor mats have been changed, the tell tale holes for the fire extinguisher and CS roll cage are not there......

Also noted the mats are 997 type with the PORSCHE running top to bottom, not side to side?

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91980

For anyone interested in buying it - get the chassis number (if they won't provide you that then smell a rat straight sway!) and ask the parts department of your local OPC to tell you the options specified.

In my experience, most times things have been changed which make no sense (why fit nomex when you can have leather for the same cost?) there's been accident damage and the cheapest / easily available parts go on.

Just my happeneth :)

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91982

I take it you have seen a few GT3s then Philip?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91984

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 21 November 2006

Um - a couple :wink:

I owned a Mk.1 in 2001, a Mk.2 in 2003 and then a GT2 in 2004 before buying a GT3 again earlier this year - looked at around eight or nine cars before buying mine - the only one that hadn't been painted / shunted or the best one "yeah, I didn the Gumball in it but I wasn't pushing it..." :eek:

I've owned several 996 Cup cars and still have my 2005 car - the last UK car and the only one of the three 2005 cars not to have been totalled during racing :roll:
- in fact she never had a bump - apart from a tyre to tyre nudge which pushed her into the gravel.

I'm a BIG fan of the 996 - I've owned several 993's (the wife loved her two) and believe the 996 got a hard rap when it was the current model.

For me - the GT3 is one of the finest cars made - just my opinion.

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92063

When I was contemplating buying a 996 c2 earlier this summer I found this garage. The showroom on the website is actually not there but it's an empty unit, also each time I called to view the car they would not call me back to arrange a time. :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92068

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip Taysom on 21 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 21 November 2006

Um - a couple :wink:
I owned a Mk.1 in 2001, a Mk.2 in 2003 and then a GT2 in 2004 before buying a GT3 again earlier this year - looked at around eight or nine cars before buying mine - the only one that hadn't been painted / shunted or the best one "yeah, I didn the Gumball in it but I wasn't pushing it..." :eek:
I've owned several 996 Cup cars and still have my 2005 car - the last UK car and the only one of the three 2005 cars not to have been totalled during racing :roll:
- in fact she never had a bump - apart from a tyre to tyre nudge which pushed her into the gravel.I'm a BIG fan of the 996 - I've owned several 993's (the wife loved her two) and believe the 996 got a hard rap when it was the current model.For me - the GT3 is one of the finest cars made - just my opinion.Philip

a good time to start a new thread with all of your 911's !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92071

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back