Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hardtop - should I keep it?

wagonface

Barcelona
Have a hardtop for my 996 sitting in my cellar. I have only used it once (went to Paris to watch the rugby and figured the garlic munchers would find it harder to set the car on fire with a hardtop...). Don't intend to use it in the future.

Am doing some building work in January and hardtop cant stay in the cellar. I have nowhere else to store it, so am thinking of selling it. Does anyone have an opinion on whether its a dealbreaker for when I come to sell the car in a few years time if it has a hard top or not? Would you buy a cabrio without a hardtop?

Also - anyone have an idea how much they go for?

Thanks, Josh

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90775

Seem to go for £200-500ish on Ebay but Boxster ones go up to £900 or more :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90778

was it not a standard bit of kit on the 996 cab tho???,so might put potential buyers off if its not got it??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90784

Agree with Rodders. Keep it. It will be expected come resale time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90785

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by wagonface on 17 November 2006

Have a hardtop for my 996 sitting in my cellar. I have only used it once (went to Paris to watch the rugby and figured the garlic munchers would find it harder to set the car on fire with a hardtop...). Don't intend to use it in the future.

Am doing some building work in January and hardtop cant stay in the cellar. I have nowhere else to store it, so am thinking of selling it. Does anyone have an opinion on whether its a dealbreaker for when I come to sell the car in a few years time if it has a hard top or not? Would you buy a cabrio without a hardtop?

Thanks, Josh
Put it on the car????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90787

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 17 November 2006

was it not a standard bit of kit on the 996 cab tho???,so might put potential buyers off if its not got it??
Only standard fro '03 on I think........I keep mine on the car in winter.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90797

Not sure about 98, but defo standard on all 996s from 99 on.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90821

Hard Top was standard on all 996 cabs

Option on 997,

NOTE i believe on a 997 a hard top is £5000 from the parts dept £3000 odd if ordered with the car from the factory

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90855

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 17 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by wagonface on 17 November 2006

Thanks, Josh
Put it on the car????
Brilliant! Nicola 1 Blokes 0 :D

Hold on a mo . . . burger! :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90859

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mark pearce on 17 November 2006

Hard Top was standard on all 996 cabs

Option on 997,

NOTE i believe on a 997 a hard top is £5000 from the parts dept £3000 odd if ordered with the car from the factory

£5000 :eek:

Right I am going to stop nicking car badges and hub caps and start nicking hard tops instead.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90861

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The ghost of Eff on 17 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Put it on the car????
Brilliant! Nicola 1 Blokes 0 :D

Hold on a mo . . . burger! :(
logical thinking....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90862

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DaveK on 17 November 2006

Previous poster said:

£5000 :eek:

Right I am going to stop nicking car badges and hub caps and start nicking hard tops instead.
Thats whats happening, an old pal of mine from my BMW days, says that he used to be offered 3 BMW 3 series hard tops a day

you can get 3 in a transit, drive around at night, smash the side window, its quicker to take a hard top off then to pinch a stereo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90864

Anyone got a transit I can borrow this weekend? 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90866

ive a hammer you can borrow :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90884

Phil and Grant are up to their tricks again....

Can I borrow your hammer to nail everything down? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90891

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back