Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Driving an 1969 911 to China

it looks like it's well prepared and ready for the tour - hopefully the weather will be good.

Ps.I know its a long way if that helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89389

Brilliant web site - well done :D

Looks like you've thought of everything - but will the Iranians and Chinese let you in?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89390

hi fellas,

i'm the second nutter who is in on this adventure ;)

border crossing and detailed itinerary is something to be looked into sometime next year. we'll get there for sure...be it on a boat or on a truck if all else fails :D

tomorrow, we will have a visit from our painter, and hopefully he will have some time in the next weeks to repaint our car (original bahama yellow color), so we go for a drive at last!

i will try to put the important updates in here as we go along restoring this car :)

cheers,
jan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89391

You lucky lucky lucky buggers! I wish I was going on a trip like that! I speak 6 languages fluently - Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi, Japanese ( thus, I can read chinese characters) and English of course! I have travelled in several of the countries you are travelling in!!!! If one of you gets sick - call my cell!

My advice, keep plenty of cash, water and puncture repair kits, as many spares as possible!!!! Also, a decent tow rope and some boards to get you out of any ditches you get stuck in!

By the way, not sure if you guys have travelled in China but the roads are much better than India and some of the other countries you are travelling in!

Lastly, suggest that you keep a few cans of petrol! Will have a think over night and think of some other essentials!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89500

Wow!!! That is really one hell of an adventure, what a wonderful trip it will be!

This is the sort of things that I always wish I could do but always knew that I'll never have the ability, resources and contacts to even dream of doing! I've donated 1000 Euro to help with the project as it's a 911 you're using.

BTW, it would be great if you could get the 911uk.com and Total 911 magazine involved, and may be we can plan a drive out to do part of the Europe leg of the trip to wave you goodbye!

Wish you guys all the luck and please keep us informed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89501

i couldn't believe my eyes this morning when i saw the donation on my paypalaccount...

i'm speechless :oops:

Thank you very very much Mick!!!

I would be glad to team up with 911uk.com and try to make a nice article for the magazine. I will have more info in the coming weeks. :)

Oh, and i see it before me: big départ on the big square in Brussels with a few hundred porsches, one long stretch of beautiful sports cars following the two nutters to for example the nurburgring :wink:
where a 3-day long barbeque starts off our adventure :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89627

Erwin, what is the proposed departure target ? so I'll known when I'm goming to Brussels !

as Mick has dipped in I'm sure we can do something with the site....

btw, Gumball 2007 is from London to Asia..

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90590

May be 911uk can do the UK to Brussels leg?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90623

only if you actually get an RS by then !!!!!!

if not these guys would have rebuilt their '69 911 and driven all the way to China ! you can see where I'm going with this.... cue evil smilie !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90625

I would love to do it in my new RS! I've even got a new private plate for it! Just need the blimin builders to get their arse in gear before I can go ahead!

Just imagine, film crews form Top Gear and national news seeing a row of 911s heading towards Brussels waving 911uk flags and stickers, becoming an international news across Europe! This can be real BIG!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90632

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back