Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 jacking points

Dave Barker

Hi

Being quite new to Porsche I wonder if anyone could advise me on the best (and safest) place to use a trolly jack, front and rear on a 1991 C2 964 please. Thanks Dave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89251

on all 4 end of the main body, but in the manual if you have it ? it does IIRC list the positions but should be (on the 993) a plate / section for the jack..... so all in all a very normal position for a trolly jack

if only sid was here to give the answer by a techie !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89256

Dave, the safest thing is to use a jacking plate:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Budget%20Jacking%20Plate.jpg

Budget version �20 + VAT

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Jacking%20Plate.jpg

Pukka version �60 + VAT

Then use the jacking points for the standard jack

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89259

Unless you use one of the above fittings the metalwork which accepts the useless jack supplied with the car can easily be squashed flat with a trolley jack. Ask me how I know...

Don't be tempted to use any suspension point or engine/ gearbox point without taking professional advice from someone who really has the knowledge.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89297

Two jacking points each side. One just behind front wheel arch and the other just infront of rear wheel arch both near outside edge of car (exactly same position as 993 Sundeep). Easy to see as its a solid looking flat bit of metal with a hole in it for the jack. Can be quite difficult to get a jack under unless it is a low clearance item. You will need some sort of puck as posted above (although I have done it without but it can damage the plate).

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89392

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back