Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Boxster?

nic_

Banned
Everyone seems to be hunting for/getting new cars, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Not a 996TT or a GT3, but a "poor mans Porsche" the lowly Boxster.

I haven't driven any, so any advice on my quest for a Dirty Girl replacement would be greatly appreciated.

My budget will be about £17k. Not bothered about colour (as I know I'm not going to be able to find a white one) but silver is bottom of the list.

Anyone care to offer any words of wisdom?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87531

3.2 S yellow for you Nic,

should be able to get a 2002 for that money.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87533

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 05 November 2006

3.2 S yellow for you Nic,

should be able to get a 2002 for that money.
Mmmm yellow!

Blue is top of the list though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87535

If you can get a 3.2 you should:

Stratstone near me have this blue one £40K miles. 2001

<Sorry previous link not available after migration>

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87537

Hmmm Tan leather, not so sure about that

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87541

Sorry - didn't see that. Will explain why you get one with 30K less miles for the same money. And by the way, I have that combo! No offense taken! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87542

Nicola,

Sounds to me like you already have an idea what it is you want or do not want in terms of colour and trim :wink:

Anyway shop around and you will find a 3.2S for that kind of money. A couple of K more will make a difference in terms of mileage and spec but you should be able to get a reasonable car for that money.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87543

The colour has to be "Blue Rinse". Maybe the Toni & Guy special edition? :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87546

£17k is my upper limit

don't really want to spend it all, would like to keep a couple of K in reserve for emergencys.

Chris, I'm sure the Tan/Savanna is lovely, but not my 1st choice. beggars can't be chosers though.

After white with blue leather and blue hood, next choice is triple blue.

So upto now I should go for the 3.2S?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87548

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 05 November 2006

The colour has to be "Blue Rinse". Maybe the Toni & Guy special edition? :p
I'm allowed a Boxster, I'm a girly.

only other option is get rid of DG and Tara and get a characterless 996

<hidingbehindthesofawaitingforthefallout>

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87549

I will not rise to that comment, but a Boxster is made out of left over bits/designs from a 996!

Will Tara be finding a new home during this process?

If 17K is your real upper limit and you are really looking at 15 or 15.5 you may well be in the beggars do not get much choice category and it may be woth saving the pennies a bit longer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87550

Not sure you will get a low mileage (less than 50K) 3.2 for £15.5K.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87551

why is the 996 charachterless. The 996 brought a nice new sleek modern design to the Porsche 991, and was a fine long awaited replacement for the outdated 993 shape. just my opinion.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87554

Tara will be staying I will be a 2 Porsche family. :wink:

Just in conversation with a mate whose mate is getting rid of a midnight blue 2002 S. All I know is that it has split rim alloys and a Hard top. 30k on the clock, can have it for trade!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87555

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 05 November 2006

why is the 996 charachterless. The 996 brought a nice new sleek modern design to the Porsche 991, and was a fine long awaited replacement for the outdated 993 shape. just my opinion.
This is only my opinion, but Porsche lost the true 911 looks with the 996, sit in any earlier models and just look at the front wings... just gorgeous. You can hardly see the curve of them in a 996 and the headlights are so wrong. Like I said, just my opinion.

<youmightseemeeinaboutaweekwhentheflameshavedieddown>

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87557

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back