Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuchs Wheel Query

supersport

I have come to the conclusion that the 9x16 fuchs on the back of my supersport or definitely non standard. Normally the inner rim is straight, and then goes off at quite a solid angle and straight to the wheel centre, like so:

wheel1.jpg

Now min don't look like this, they are much smoother in the tansition between the inner rim and the angle to the centre, also they appear more curved, rather than straight, like so:

mywheel1.jpg

and
mywheel2.jpg

This pictures aren't actually that good at showing the difference.

Any clues, as yet O havent see any other wheels like mine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85276

You do know you'd sleep better at night if you had a GT3 and didn't have to worry about things like this don't you? :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85279

Take a wheel off and after you've cleaned all the muck off the back ( :wink: ), look to see what markings are stamped on the back - you should be able to see the offset and and size. You can then compare the size to what should be fitted to a S/S.

Plus if i remember correctly there should be a little foxs head stamped on them as well, cos Fuchs is German for fox innit !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85280

Richard: That is true!

Warren: That would probably help and is the logical thinking man's approach, but I am at work and can't be arssed.

I just wondered if anyone had seen these smoother look Fuchs, they are the correct size, as I haven't and I keep looking peoples wheels.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85283

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The ghost of Eff on 26 October 2006

You do know you'd sleep better at night if you had a GT3 and didn't have to worry about things like this don't you? :D

Although judging by some of the posts last week, with a GT3 he would be searching for a matching pair of side-skirts instead!! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85287

But also think of all the lost sleep before you get a GT3, dithering about wondering if you should get a GT3. Daz - can you hear me ?

Mark - get the wheels off this weekend and have a look you lazy boy - at the same time you get some nice clean wheels.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85292

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by clipstone on 26 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Although judging by some of the posts last week, with a GT3 he would be searching for a matching pair of side-skirts instead!! :wink:
and not forgetting multiple pagesworth of what colour should I get?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85293

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

or whether or not I can get a baby seat in the back...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85296

And no one seems to really give a monkeys about what colour Turbo I should get :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85298

You going for the pout of the day award now that Nic's away then Dave?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85300

Previous poster said:

Well she is the only person whe ever says anything nice about me :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85301

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DaveK on 26 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Well she is the only person whe ever says anything nice about me :oops:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's so sweet!

Ps, you, like, erm, getting a, y'know, turbo by any chance?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85302

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

You're all just jealous

:hesaysstickingouttoungefollowedbyloudrasberry:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85304

Mark,

Can't really see the difference from the picture, but over the years there have been various after-market Fuchs replicas made, Compomotive used to make them amongst others. The repro wheels tend to be cast rather than forged and are heavier and weaker - I have seen one break at the join between the 'petal' and the rim on a track day, which nearly caused a very serious accident. If they are repros then be careful. The clear way to tell is the numbers on the back - OE Fuchs should have the normal Porsche type code ie 911.XXX.XXX, and as mentioned above should have the little fox motif (looks not unlike the British "kitemark").

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85305

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 26 October 2006

Previous poster said:
You're all just jealous

:hesaysstickingouttoungefollowedbyloudrasberry:
What, of your tinnitis, double vision and compressed vertebrae? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85306

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads