Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How much is she worth?

Fingers

Imola
Guys, How much would my 997 be worth in the UK. Its a March 2005 build. Registered in May in Japan. LHD (of course) Basalt black with sandbeige, 6 speed, xenons, sunroof, FPSH, 9,500 miles, sunroof, 19" carrera S alloys, car cover, car care kit, colour crests no pcm.

I did send a 911UK car dealer a PM but didn't get a reply - well, you know used car dealers - all the same hey : ) only kidding.

If its worth a few squids in the UK I might send it over to the old man for a few months, do a tour of Europe myself next summer and sell it around the end of August. Would sell it immediately if I got a good price.

Also, the car is impeccable, I have it quartz coated every 6 months at GBP 600.00 a pop. Looks stunning.

I can't seem to find many LHD cars in Autotrader or anything to compare but LHDPORSCHE.COM is not particularly cheap....Would appreciate your comments.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84705

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 24 October 2006

Guys, How much would my 997 be worth in the UK. Its a March 2005 build. Registered in May in Japan. LHD (of course) Basalt black with sandbeige, 6 speed, xenons, sunroof, FPSH, 9,500 miles, sunroof, 19" carrera S alloys, car cover, car care kit, colour crests no pcm.I did send a 911UK car dealer a PM but didn't get a reply - well, you know used car dealers - all the same hey : ) only kidding. If its worth a few squids in the UK I might send it over to the old man for a few months, do a tour of Europe myself next summer and sell it around the end of August. Would sell it immediately if I got a good price.Also, the car is impeccable, I have it quartz coated every 6 months at GBP 600.00 a pop. Looks stunning.I can't seem to find many LHD cars in Autotrader or anything to compare but LHDPORSCHE.COM is not particularly cheap....Would appreciate your comments.
Servo... At the ring !! could be ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84707

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 24 October 2006

Guys, How much would my 997 be worth in the UK. Its a March 2005 build. Registered in May in Japan. LHD (of course) Basalt black with sandbeige, 6 speed, xenons, sunroof, FPSH, 9,500 miles, sunroof, 19" carrera S alloys, car cover, car care kit, colour crests no pcm.I did send a 911UK car dealer a PM but didn't get a reply - well, you know used car dealers - all the same hey : ) only kidding. If its worth a few squids in the UK I might send it over to the old man for a few months, do a tour of Europe myself next summer and sell it around the end of August. Would sell it immediately if I got a good price.Also, the car is impeccable, I have it quartz coated every 6 months at GBP 600.00 a pop. Looks stunning.I can't seem to find many LHD cars in Autotrader or anything to compare but LHDPORSCHE.COM is not particularly cheap....Would appreciate your comments.
I think these people LHDPORSCHE.COM are allegedly dodgy as hell and don't go near them!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84708

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by supersport on 24 October 2006

Previous poster said:
I think these people LHDPORSCHE.COM are allegedly dodgy as hell and don't go near them!
I know you have used the word "allegedly" but let's not go down this route again please. Last time it was covered, someone got mightily p1ssed off and I don't think our new owner needs that.

Regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84709

the issue here is cost of (a) converting a Japan market car to Euro type approval then (b) adding any duty and import fees as it's coming from a non EU country and it will (c) need to have a uk porsche warranty as for a price comparison the lhd market has somewhat soften here in the uk in terms of new stock in recent years after a stronger � and Rhd oversupply. . .

thus the gt3 and rs types are still lhd imports and so are older cars but there are not that many new lhd's here, but that's not saying there is no market as it stil existing but only if it is cheap v uk rhd. . . what's the resale market like back across in Japan ? how does the option of to sell there and buy a uk spec rhd 911 run about for here

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84723

Thanks for the comments guys,

Sundeep, good points you brought up.

(a) converting a Japan market car to Euro type approval then

Not sure about the cost, I have sent two cars in the past - to friends who wanted nice cars but didn't want to pay UK prices, wastn't too bad at the time..?They had the cars sorted out themselves so I wIll need to investigate again.

(b) adding any duty and import fees as it's coming from a non EU country

Cos it will be a personal import and I have been overseas for 11 years and have only spent a few weeks in the UK per year - shouldn't be a problem.

(c) need to have a uk porsche warranty as for a price comparison the lhd market has somewhat soften here in the uk in terms of new stock in recent years after a stronger € and Rhd oversupply

If I get back a similar price to Japan I would be happy, but more than selling the car its the fun of being able to drive my car in the UK and then to the ring with you guys at some point!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85158

IT WORKED Sundeep got me an awesome new Avatar!! Sundeep yaar u r da man!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85161

well it would also be a perfect car to leave in your space holiday home in Nurburg...

and not forgetting the import cost

but the last time I was checking yen rates was in 1998 after a swing against the Yen, so things may be good.....? or ??

exactly how much different is it ?

but type approval shouldn't be that costly..

What is the criteria for importing a car to Britain?

All vehicles entering the UK from outside the EEC that are less than 10 years old, require British National Type Approval (SVA). To ensure that they meet all UK build and safety requirments. You cannot register a vehicle in the UK without an SVA certificate. Examples are;

Rear Fog lamps (vehicles drivers generally do not require foglamps in Japan)

Speedos are KMH and are converted to read in MPH (a certificate of conversion is issued)

Fuel neck restricters to stop leaded fuel nozzles entering fuel tank (In Japan there has not been any Leaded fuel since the 80,s)

Tyres, Speed ratings in Japan are Lower, speed limits are lower.
Also radio frequencies will need changing as audio set up is different.

A car importer
should supply a Certificate of Conformity, you will need it to register your newly imported car in the UK. Registration costs £25 at the Vehicle Registration Office (VRO).

but is yours a 3.6 or a 3.8 S ?

just came across it on the web...... and it's perfect for you !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85164

Thanks mate - you are a wealth of knowledge! Mine is a 3.6 - its the same as a German car in every way. Should be OK

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85171

Even as a ' personal import' you'll need to pay vat and i believe 10%? import duty,

depends how much they are worth in Japan?

But is it worth the hassle

I bought a LHD 996 Cab for a customer in germany and it was dearer than if it was RHD in the uk

I believe but its my gut feeling rather than in depth knowledge that LHD are dearer in germany than the uk, mainly due to the £/Euro

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85178

a Japan import LHD 2005 997 C2 3.6 without PCM but with the 19's

cira £44k to 49k tops.....?

any advance on that

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85222

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back