Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Belts GT3

Tiptronic

Banned
if you fit rear belts in a GT3, do you need to fit the seat pads also?

if you have bucket seats do they restrict the access to the rear, or can you climb throught the centre?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84513

or do the seats move forward enough to gain access to the rear.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84514

buckets do move 'somewhat' forward BUT without the tilt of the normal sports seat then access to the rear is very difficult and even a kid would have to climb over them ever time... as they are also very wide

regular seats are your only option if you need rear seats... IMHO and even on a safety level acquiring access to the rear is not 'quick'

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84517

If you fit the rear seat belts, you don't need to fit the seat pads.

Climbing through the centre is nigh impossible because of the width of the bucket seats at the high shoulder point.

The bucket seats slide forward enough to gain access to the rear, although there is an art to getting in if you are an adult. However, getting access to the rear is no problem for my 5 year old!

If you have the cage, access to the rear is significantly more difficult for a small kid. Impossible for an adult. Of course, safety issues not being discussed here, just questions about access!

Several others have fitted seat belts in the rear, and it's possible for child seats to be permanently attached in without the seat pads. The experts for fitting child seats in the back of a Porsche are Quick Fit in Stanmore.
Click here
. They are recommended by a lot of people who have tried to find child seat solutions in the back of 911s.
:)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84519

Can i have still bucketts and rear belts,

will my kids be able to acces?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84524

Yes, all my comments above were assuming you have the buckets.

Regular sports seats are much easier to use because of the lever to fold them forward... as opposed to having to manually slide the bucket seat forward.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84528

thks ade

guess it would be rude to have the same colour as others

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84533

next question

can the dealer fit rear roll cage be removed?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84543

Dealer fit means that it was bolted in as opposed to welded in and therefore can be unbolted. Not the easiest job for access but easy enough technically. I think that even my CS's cage is bolted in.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84548

if they retro fitted it, shouldnt be too harsh to get out?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84550

At the end of the day, getting the buckets of the runners ain't too big a task and that'd give loads of space to get in and whip the cage out - i would , however, imagine that getting the seats out of the car is not the easiest thing in the world.

All just bolted in tho

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84551

Each seat takes about 5 minutes to remove.

All cages in the GT3 were bolt in (CS included) - none were welded (apart from the Cup cars).

If it's dealer fitted, I'm assuming it's the silver Tequipment one? Easy enough to remove, although the car needs to be hoisted on to the ramps as the cage swivels in from a position below the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84553

Don't do it Daz, the GT3 is a defined a 2 seater by the DoT/DLVA and as such cannot be converted to a 4 seater. If the worst was to happen you'll not be covered by any insurer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84813

My V5C does not state anywhere that my GT3 is a 2 seater.

However, it is worthwhile double checking with your insurer if there are any ramifications should rear seat belts be installed (and make a point that it is to their proper anchor positions as per the normal 996).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84815

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back