Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It's All Porkies

Seagull

As a lot of you know, I had the RMS replaced at the end of April with the new seal and the latest "it'll cure all ills" seating tool. Seems like that's all bollox. I got in the car tonight and when I started it, the guage was 2 bars lower than it was last weekend. Curious, I thought, so after backing the car out, I got out and had a look at the garage floor. Lo and behold, there were half a dozen oily drips on the nice concrete floor.

Got to go to Stockholm on Sunday for a meeting on Monday morning but when I get back, I'll be blockading the local OPC asking why the much vaunted panacea has only lasted 3,077 miles.

I hate to be the harbinger of doom, but I know a lot of us on here had this new RMS at roughly the same time. What strikes me is that rather than being the long awaited solution to the problem, it seems to be the most fragile attempt yet.

I will, of course, keep you informed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80670

Hey Stu....

Nice to see you back on here. Sorry it's because things aren't right!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80683

Hi Nic. It's been a crazy few months - first there was the world cup and having to watch the football in pubs EVERY night, then the industry went ballistic and the hours have been even more crazy. I have browsed occasionally but very seldom actually logged on. I'll be back properly soon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80687

Hope so...

We've missed you

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80689

postamble();
Hi, if its any consolation the RMS on mine was replaced before I picked it up 2 months ago as it was picked up on the 111 point check - so it was replaced - warranty issued, I did just 300 miles and it was on the ramps having the brakes checked and it was noticed the RMS was still leaking.

Had it replaced today - we'll just have to wait and see.......

They also mentioned a special tool has to be used to seat the seal. Hope the techies fitting it today knew how to use this special tool!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80691

Ooops, been moderated yet again

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80693

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 13 October 2006

Ooops, been moderated yet again
:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80694

is it the rms or the intermediate shaft seal it could be rocker covers ,vario switchs, etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80703

Had the RMS and the ISS seals replaced. Why would the Vario switches leak oil?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80705

So not the solution we all hoped. I know these things are perishable.. But 3000 miles is a joke. Give them hell Stu!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80784

I cant beleive that seagull.... give them hell, its amazing how the techies give u

bo lox and they not even sure themselves.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81167

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back