Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4s Depreciation

Simon W

Barcelona
What do you guys think a £40,000 C4s on a 2002 plate with a good spec would be worth in 3 years time? Just wondering if I didbuy one now, what I might be looking to get if I sold in 2009? I reckon something like 20% depreciation over that period.

Any ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80347

Well given that an 8 year old C2 fetches around £18-22K at the moment, a 7 year old C4S should be high 20's minimum. Not sure it would fetch £32K though. But then again it may flatten out like the 993s have done.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80349

That's what I was thinking. They will always be a desirable model, but there are a fair number. No doubt the price will level off at some point. Just wonder where...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80350

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Simon W on 12 October 2006

That's what I was thinking. They will always be a desirable model, but there are a fair number. No doubt the price will level off at some point. Just wonder where...
I've been wondering when 996 C2s are going to level off, but they haven't yet. It has been suggested that they will be down to £12K in a couple of years!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80352

Jesus. That's got to be worst case scenario - economic collapse type stuff right?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80359

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Simon W on 12 October 2006

Jesus. That's got to be worst case scenario - economic collapse type stuff right?
No - just at the 3K a year that seemed to happen last year!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80361

tbh I can't see a £12k 996...............afterall how many sub £10k 964's are on the go??????...........they've been out of production for well over 12yrs too

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80410

IMHO,

there are two values what traders will sell the car for

and what you will be able to sell your car for

these prices are normally 3-5k apart

so i would imagine that a C4S will be worth £25- £30k in 3 years

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80412

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 12 October 2006

tbh I can't see a £12k 996...............afterall how many sub £10k 964's are on the go??????...........they've been out of production for well over 12yrs too
I hope not too - I'd love to get £26/27K for mine in a couple of years, but I fear not!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80423

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 12 October 2006

Previous poster said:

I hope not too - I'd love to get £26/27K for mine in a couple of years, but I fear not!

i wouldnt worry to much about depreciation Chris, you havent had kids yet :wink:

then you will find wht the real world costs

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80425

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 12 October 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 12 October 2006

Previous poster said:

i wouldnt worry to much about depreciation Chris, you havent had kids yet :wink:

then you will find wht the real world costs
Best get a 997 before kids then!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80427

Potential depreciation is one of the things that put me off getting the C4S - OPC priced at £46k, the finance deal meant that after 2 years I would still owe £34k on it, having paid out £500 per month and put just over 10% down.

I reckoned that it would be lucky to fetch much more than the £34k balance, meaning that two years ownership would have cost in the region of £16k - given that at most I would put 8,000 miles on per year, this would be £1 per mile before Insurance and fuel :eek:

Hence now looking at a 993 :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80434

not a 993 they are soooooooooooo slow,

you may as well buy a 3.2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80438

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 12 October 2006

not a 993 they are soooooooooooo slow,

you may as well buy a 3.2
LOL - they don't like being teased Daz!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80442

Things to consider also perhaps (I know I did when choosing mine). As Mr Morgan says in his buying guide 'early experience suggests the C4S has the best residuals'.

Also when you see the number of 993 C4S with 80K miles being knocked out for low 30's - these are 10 year old cars.

I know if my 40K 4 year old car is worth 30K in 6 years time - it will have been a bargin (I have seen depreciation of 12K in 3 years for several BMW's I have owned).

And hey if all the maths proves to be a load of hokem and its only worth 15K it still will have been worth every penny just for the smile driving one every day puts on your face!

postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80453

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back