Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCCB SAFETY ISSUES

Paul Rothwell

PCCB Gen One are hopeless - mine failed after 15,000 (mainly road) miles on my GT2...Porsche are of course blaming me!

The carbon surface of the disc separated from the underlying silicon carbide and then destroyed the pads (which were approx 60% worn) after approx 40 miles. I have reported this to the UK Department of Transport as a safety issue as Porsche UK are totally uninterested - other than confirming that even brand new pads can be destroyed in 120 miles once the surface of the disc has failed. There is no warning other than the pad replacement light illuminating (indicating 1/3rd of the pad remaining at that time). Once this light illuminates Porsche say the car is fit to drive gently...but with no warning noise and pad failure within 40 miles this could be lethal....

Quite apart from the ridiculous cost of replacing the discs and pads (Porsche UK quoted over £10,000) there is the ongoing question of why these discs fail so quickly and at such low mileages...when launched they were supposed to last at least 100,000 miles and were "designed for extreme use on the road and Track" now they are wearing out Porsche are apparently blaming the failures on the drivers.

I hear that the Gen Two PCCB wear almost as quickly when hot...so beware!!

Anyone with a similar story please contact me at [email protected] I have photographs of the failures if anyone is interested.

PaulRothwell
View Public Profile
Send a private message to PaulRothwell
Find More Posts by PaulRothwell
Add PaulRothwell to Your Buddy List

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78840

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on the PCGB, Rennlist and other Porsche websites. Given your situation, I would post something on PCGB as it is possible Porsche might take a bit more notice, and I'm sure others there will be able to chime in with their own experiences of dealing with faulty PCCBs.

Good luck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78899

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back