Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sat Nav Update 997 PCM

Paul Jackson

I have just bought a 2004 997 and was disapointed that the Sat Nav does not have the ability to find places by post code. Is it possible to update the system to do this as I believe the latest systems have this facility.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78784

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Paul Jackson on 08 October 2006

I have just bought a 2004 997 and was disapointed that the Sat Nav does not have the ability to find places by post code. Is it possible to update the system to do this as I believe the latest systems have this facility.
I had a 2005 997 and you could'nt locate by post code.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78838

Have had a reply from my local dealer in Chester:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your 997. There is an update available for your car to enable postcode info for Sat Nav. You will need to contact our workshop they can update your PCM system approx 1 hour labour£123.00 and a new disc is available at £ 356 to go with this update. Some cars may not need the new disc as it could just be a software update.

So it is possible - at a cost of course. Knowing my luck I will have to buy the disc as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81442

Bl***y hell!
A satnav pda costs about 300 quid with full european coverage and you can walk round Venice with it and transfer it from car to car to horse!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81445

This is a bit fishy. AFAIK the software for the PCMII is on the disk. Put a new disk in and it will update teh software. So they are going to charge you an hours worth of labour to insert the disk?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81449

will that disk fit my PCM2 in my C4S 2003

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81466

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 17 October 2006

Bl***y hell!A satnav pda costs about 300 quid with full european coverage and you can walk round Venice with it and transfer it from car to car to horse!
Horse nav - they could start a new marketting theme there. I honestly don't get manufacturer sat nav in cars, why is it so expensive? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81483

Now this is frustrating, the dealer I have just paid for my C4S 2003 told me it was postcode enabled. This is going to be annoying!

Can anyone cast any further light on this?

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81565

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 17 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Bl***y hell!A satnav pda costs about 300 quid with full european coverage and you can walk round Venice with it and transfer it from car to car to horse!
Horse nav - they could start a new marketting theme there. I honestly don't get manufacturer sat nav in cars, why is it so expensive? :?

Horse Nav? I guess you just follow the Mane Road :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81568

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DaveK on 17 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Nice!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81597

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Paul Vahey on 17 October 2006

Now this is frustrating, the dealer I have just paid for my C4S 2003 told me it was postcode enabled. This is going to be annoying!

Can anyone cast any further light on this?

Thanks

Unless it has had the latest update, the sat/nav system in the C4S is not postcade enabled.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81598

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DaveK on 17 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Neigh way.... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81604

Speak up, you sound a little hoarse.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81616

Without being lame (!), still wondering how easy or hard it is to take the hard top off and on?

Remebering we are in unseasonable weather and I have never owned a cab before; I want the roof off until the rains come. And back on again until the sun shines for ever. (Let's say Feb) Enthusiasm is all?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81854

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back