Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman racecar at the Nürburgring

Henrik Voss

I know it isn't a 911, and this is a 911 forum, but it was the first time I saw a Cayman racecar. There were a couple of them in the 3,5h endurance race at the Nürburgring Saturday. Unfortunately this one broke with something looking like transmission problems. I hope you like it!

/Henrik in Sweden, black 996 GT3 MK2

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Race%20Cayman.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77518

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

nice one Henrik,

BTW, your 3 is it standard? Any pics?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77521

Glad you like the Cayman racecar. Looked great at the track!

Yes, my GT3 is standard. Okay, I have the Tequipment roll-over cage and Sabelt 6 point harness left and right.

Here is a picture:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/GT3_gadekær_small(2).JPG

Henrik in Sweden :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77525

Thanks! I like black cars. My old car was a triple black 2001 Boxster S.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Boxster03a_small.JPG

Henrik in Sweden

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77528

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Henrik Voss on 02 October 2006

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Race%20Cayman.JPG

HOW
BIG
IS THAT REAR WING !!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77533

Yes, that is a big wing, but I saw wings that size on many of the other cars too.

I would think that the far back location, is generating a lot of lift at the front of the car, but they must have a very effective front spoiler to balance it.

/Henrik in Sweden

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77537

indeed, the trend seems to have multi fins on the corners front spoliers, especially in the german dtm, which do generate large amounts of front downforce...

as a means of making cars somewhat equal.....

Henrik, did you see the post about the Ring, as a couple of guys from here are over there this weekend...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77538

No I did not se the post about the Ring. It was a good weekend for a visit. Saturday was race all day and Sunday the track was open to the public. I was there with my company car (Audi A3 2,0 TDI) so the Sunday was not for me.

Henrik from Sweden

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77540

good stuff..... a few of us having been going for a few years, now more have got the bug....

would have liked to have watched the VLN, another time...

but will be back in the Spring'ish, maybe see you down there .... there is even a guy from Norway who comes along !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77542

wow thats nice looking

anyshots of the front?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77546

I found the Cayman RS homepage:

http://www.mspeed.de/

Click on Motorsport and scroll down to se more pictures.

/Henrik from Sweden, Black 996 GT3 MK2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77679

Nice photo & post Henrik, can a Cayman really go that fast?

American tuners Farnbacher & Loles have just started selling their Cayman GTR - Cayman S with a 911 3.8 X51 engine conversion plus lots of other tasty bits for circa $59k plus a donor S!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77721

There are a few companies doing 400 bhp conversions on the Caymans. They are get quick in standard format - maybe porsche will do a Cayman GT3?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77724

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back