Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

89' supersport heat prob

sssammm

Spa-Francorchamps
heat is stuck on full, anyone know how to get to the flaps so i can jam open?

cheers

sam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72827

Mine too, ha ha - not!

You need to lift the car at the rear onto axle stands. If you look under the car just above the CV joint, you'll see that there is a hose that runds from the front of the heat exchangers into a box like contraption with a round vent. This is the flapper box. You'll see a cable that runs from this (which connects to the heater control in the car). You should be able to move the vent to open and close the holes. If the holes are closed, the heat goes into the cabin and if the holes are open, the heat vents out (heating is off). Not a very sophisticated system!

Mine were looked at and found to be working, one of the front blowers has gone on mine, and this is letting the hot through!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72832

Common problem... mine blows hot all the time!

Don't know how to fix it though, sorry

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72848

yanked the hoses off, no more heat, now my motors up front have stopped,.........

have removed windscreen and bought goggles,

now purchased fly removing toothpaste

sam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72851

LOL

My car is great if there is no rain forcast.... take the roof off, but you look ever so silly if you get stuck in a sudden downpour as is inevitable in this country.

Oh for an electric panoramic sunroof... Whoops I mean Targa roof :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72905

yep, on the way home last night, cool breeze around feet and through the vents, it was a pleasure until the downpour on the motorway with the targa top off!

what joy

sam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72915

Guys,

When you are in the targa with the top off and it starts raining ..........

............... that is God's way of telling you to drive faster!!

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72937

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back