Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

paint touch up

swiss tony

Hi , can anyone tell the best place to get a touch up pen for my black 89 carrera?

just need to get rid of a scattering of stone chips. Has anyone had good results or is it a waste of time?

Cheers for any help Tony

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72116

You can get a match from your local Porsche dealer... or you could also get a good match from Halfords. Not sure how many different Porsche blacks there are, but my local dealer gave me an Orient Red touch-up for my Arena Red car and they are completely different- I would have thought black is more straightforward.

The problem with touch ups is that you still get a 'blob' of paint, and it seems to fall off again with time. Use a fine modelling brush for best results.

Many have had success with Langka (stuff which sort of dissolves the excess touch up paint, leaving a flatter finish), but very time consuming.

In the end, I went with a £1500 front end respray!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72380

dealing with stone chips is like making love to a beautiful woman....

bu then I am sure you know that! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72381

I was shown this by a pro. at a Bodyshop..

If you wanna touch up your stone chips, NEVER use the brush that comes in the pot, I was shown that if you get a paper clip and un do it (make it straight) and you use the end of that, this way you dont put to much on, and can get into the chip, not leaving a blob od paint on your car.. and if you do it very well you can take time and build the paint up..

Your welcome.

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72382

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 03 September 2006

No matter how much efford you put it the result is still unsaisfactory! :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72383

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 03 September 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 03 September 2006

No matter how much efford you put it the result is still unsaisfactory! :p
ha ha lol

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72384

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 03 September 2006

I was shown this by a pro. at a Bodyshop..

If you wanna touch up your stone chips, NEVER use the brush that comes in the pot, I was shown that if you get a paper clip and un do it (make it straight) and you use the end of that, this way you dont put to much on, and can get into the chip, not leaving a blob od paint on your car.. and if you do it very well you can take time and build the paint up..

Your welcome.

Dan
I was shown a similar trick with a cocktail stick.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72386

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back