Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carerra badge loose

D White

Hi Folks

I have a very minor problem with my 996. The Carerra badge on the tail is comming off from letter C. Is there a quick fix to seal it back down? Its a bit of pain when cleaning because I keep catching it and working a bit more loose.

Regards

David..

996 C2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71929

they are just stuck down with thin double sided tape..... some light rubber based adhesive that won't stick to paint..... ?????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71945

I'd try some waterproof 'heavy duty' Sticky Fixers... cut one down to size, then stick it under the badge where it is lifting off.

Alternatively, you can buy a new one from Porscheshop for about £15.

The old one can be removed by heating for a bit with a hair dryer, then gently easing it off. Give the area a good clean up to remove wax etc, then stick on the new one- it comes with sticky stuff already applied.

I replaced my 'Targa' badge the other day with a shiny '911'- looks really good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71966

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 31 August 2006

I'd try some waterproof 'heavy duty' Sticky Fixers... cut one down to size, then stick it under the badge where it is lifting off.

Alternatively, you can buy a new one from Porscheshop for about £15.

The old one can be removed by heating for a bit with a hair dryer, then gently easing it off. Give the area a good clean up to remove wax etc, then stick on the new one- it comes with sticky stuff already applied.

I replaced my 'Targa' badge the other day with a shiny '911'- looks really good.

Was thinking of doing the same with mine

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72310

heat with a hair dryer and then use dental floss to remove the whole badge.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72315

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DaveK on 02 September 2006

Previous poster said:

How many times do I have to tell you????

PP is not a 911 and she has a panoramic sunroof :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72316

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by DaveK on 02 September 2006

Previous poster said:

Do they come in Pink ? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72317

What do people think of 911s with no badge? Good or a no no?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72318

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip1972 on 02 September 2006

Looks a bit naked imho

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72319

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 02 September 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip1972 on 02 September 2006

Looks a bit naked imho
I spent a while looking at mine without the badge before sticking the new one on. It might look good in a darker coloured car, but needs something IMHO. I like the contrast of the lighter badges on the darker paint.

And be warned, I broke the hairdryer whilst heating the badge up. Luckily, it was Mrs B's old one...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72378

d white i've got a brand new silver "carrera" if you want it? bought it for my old one and sold it for a turbo so not much use to me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73299

Careful, about removing the Carrera badge and replacing with a 911 one, i tried this but the carrera indentation was on the paintwork and it would not even mop out or t/cut had to reglue the old carrera badge back on with strong doublesided sticky tape and stanley around it was a pain in the butt. half a day to get back where i started in the first place.

mind you the good news was i bought the 911 badge for a tenner at the porscheshop stand at the last TIPEC show and sold it for £33 on ebay, put a smile back on my face.

Walt 993c2 cab

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73400

Walt - you seem to like selling things for a massive profit on ebay..... i guess there is one born every minute..? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73402

Thanks to everyone for the advice my local OPC is sorting it

David..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73553

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back