Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Smile on my face

samantha

I know that I havent owned a boxster for very long but it just keeps getting better.

Its raining and miserable outside yet i still have a massive smile on my face as i drive around town, turning heads as i go.

I just love it and wondered it anyone else still felt like this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70766

Still feeling like that everytime I get in the car, after owning it for over 6 yrs! :lol:

Not sure about the turning heads bit, people tend to get a shock when they see what's driving such a pretty car! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70768

Yep

Kids helped me wash and cossett the girl on Sunday, then went for a wee blast to dry the disks wheeeehaaah

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70769

I feel the same..

Whenever I park my 911 and get out to walk away, I have to have a quick look back and a smile lights up my face. :D

It may just be me, but also when I have been for a long drive or been out for a fast drive I always say as I turn her off 'good girl'. :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70772

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 22 August 2006

Still feeling like that everytime I get in the car, after owning it for over 6 yrs! :lol:

Not sure about the turning heads bit, people tend to get a shock when they see what's driving such a pretty car! :D
i live in a smalll town and people look twice when they see im driving a boxster but i dont care, i just drop down a gear and blast past them.

i saw the popular (but bitchy girl) from school yesterday in a local car park and although i wasnt looking good it didnt matter cos my car said it all, i gloated for hours afterwards. i know i shouldnt have but it felt soooo good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70775

Sam how old are you ?

I could not recognise anyone from school, But it was 13-14 years ago when I left !

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70785

I am sad but I look out of the bedroom window at my car below before I go to bed...I do that with most cars I have owned, its a bad sign if I don't look as that means I'll be getting another one. Its nice to have a car you just like to look at and smile, not just drive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70786

Hi Sam,

I would feel like this if I had a GT3 RS in yellow, and I could drive like a ring god.

however my C4S is nice, and sometimes very naughty.

Well done.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70787

Sam i had a similair experience Sindy (i kid you not) sent my valentines card back at school writing over it "sorry you are not my kind of guy" I was (aged 10) gutted. a few years ago having collected my 996 a week before outside a shop near my mothers and there she was pushing the pram...... 29 year wait but it was worth it, the highlight being me feigning no recollection of who she was. As Sicilians say revenge is a dish best served cold

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70794

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by samantha on 22 August 2006

i saw the popular (but bitchy girl) from school yesterday in a local car park and although i wasnt looking good it didnt matter cos my car said it all, i gloated for hours afterwards. i know i shouldnt have but it felt soooo good.
There's nothing like seeing people from school when you are in your Porsche!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70795

I am back living only a few miles from where I grew up so have had the opportunity to see or pass :D
a couple of people I went to school with....it's great.

Now I don't use my car all the time, I appreciate it even more when I get in it and with the top down posing around the smile on my face is great!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70797

Bumped into a school mate who I hadn't seen in 20yrs a couple of weeks back, but was in Tesco's at the time, turned out he lives 100yds away from me & has done for the last 10yrs & I'd never seen him before.

I'm gonna ring him up ask him round for a beer one of these days, but the Porsche is in the garage & it would be a bit off to say wanna see what I've got in the garage.

Oh I didn't recognise him, he recognised me, so see I've not lost my youthful appearance. Or do you think my hunchback was the giveaway?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70799

Rob

Youthful appearance

Dont you mean

Youfool appearance :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70801

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 22 August 2006

Rob

Youthful appearance

Dont you mean

Youfool appearance :wink:
I've had a hard life :(
so not so bad considering.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70805

hi dan,

im 35 years old now, but still a kid at heart. the best part of seeing that girl at school was that she was only in an astra, she may have been dressed in a suit but im the one in a porsche. ha ha

i made it seem so normal when i wallked up and got in the boxster and started it up, like its nothing special, even though i get such a huge kick out of hearing that purr from the engine.

sam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70806

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back