Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aluminium on Cayenne

Oliver Giltrow

Hey.First post here :D

basically my dad purchased a Cayenne about 3 weeks ago and am passionate about keeping it looking its best...which a Porsche should.

but there seems to be water marks on the aluminium trim by the rear windows.i have tried to get this off using random bits and bobs but i am goin to get some autoglym metal polish at the weekend to try and remove the marks.Has anyone else had this problem and what did you to combat this....pics enclosed

P1000649.jpg

P1000647.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70326

Welcome Oliver,

pm g-unit - he is our resident car cleaning guru and i'm sure he will know how to get rid of those marks.

How old are you? - maybe you'll qualify to be our youngest poster..........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70329

I'm 16 and take the biggest pride in our Porsche followed closely by my dad.Im always telling him to take me out in it and it is always a pleasure when you hear it start up.

Look forward to meeting you all......oh and im not your average 16 year old.i dont hang around in groups picking on the public.No need for any of that malarky!I absolutely adore cars and am a huge Porsche fan...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70331

Hi Oliver, nice to have some young blood here. Since Noony desserted us the average age has gone up to 85! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70341

Hello from a Titanium Metallic Cayenne owner! Which model is your dad's? Mine's just the base model 3.2 V6

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70343

exactly the same.....3.2 v6.im in love with the sound it makes! ours has sand beige which i think is a wicked colour combination

oh and it has quite a few options on it...my favourite is the bose speaker upgrade.which gives 350watts...13 speakers and surround sound! its perfect for turning it into a carol bus!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70351

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 18 August 2006

Hi Oliver, nice to have some young blood here. Since Noony desserted us the average age has gone up to 85! :D
well im glad i found the site...hopefully will meet u all and see your cars

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70352

What stuff have you got so far Oliver? Dont want you to have to spend money when not required.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70476

well i have car polishes such as megiuars and autoglym

then got all the basic stuff.i have all car cleaning products for differnet parks like window cleaner and wheels coat and stuff.

i think im gunna have to get some metal polish cus iv tryed most things now and nothing is shifting it......i dont wanna try brasso so i think il get sum autoglym metal polish because its designed for what i need lol

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70496

porsche did a recall for all the bottom door and rear lid mouldings check if yours is within the scope .pcgb told us to clean the trims and then rub some baby oil on to them ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70661

i remember they did the recall for those bits.i did my work experience as porsche centre bristol and learnt how to fit new ones and took sum off.our Cayenne dosnt have any water marks on the bottoms aluminium bits it the bits by the windows....

iwill try sum baby oil as soon as dad gets home

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70753

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Oliver Giltrow on 22 August 2006

does your dad keep the baby oil locked up whilest he is out....?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70778

Frankly I think it's bonkers that a premium brand manufacturer like Porsche, a company I associate with the highest engineering excellence, needs baby oil to correct tarnished trims!! The world has gone mad!!

Just a thought, but would the aluminium trim not be coated with a lacquer/coating of some sort? I doubt it's bare aluminium, in which case a metal polish would not be the right product to use - it might cause more problems. Maybe that's why baby oil works??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70782

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 22 August 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Oliver Giltrow on 22 August 2006

does your dad keep the baby oil locked up whilest he is out....?
no i dont even think we have any but he has the car so i cnt exactly do anything can i :(
Migration info. Legacy thread was 71001

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back