Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

lush super sport

Tiptronic

Banned
71238-6.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69419

That is lovely. I want 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69424

White works well on 911's

Surprised it has fallen from grace last few years

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69425

18K miles £27k, still on original tyres :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69428

I guess that is pretty original :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69436

Nearly as lovely as mine....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69442

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 12 August 2006
I guess that is pretty original :roll:

I shouldn't mock, the Lotus got a 16th Birthday present this year....it had it's tyres changed for the 1st time ever! :oops:
Got a real treat with new uprated discs & pads too! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69445

how slow is the lotus in comparison to todays sports cars Rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69478

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 12 August 2006

Nearly as lovely as mine....
Nothing's as lovely as Tara, Nic 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69479

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 12 August 2006
how slow is the lotus in comparison to todays sports cars Rob

Guess it really depends what you are comparing to. It was never slow 0-60 times are mid 6 secs, which isn't bad from a 1.6 engine. It's real strength was the small size & chuckability. Through the twisty stuff it's as quick as most modern sports cars. It's so stable & I've never even come close to it getting unstuck. The shape & lines are timeless (my view). The engines appear to be bulletproof & silky smooth.

Funny thing was I was out in it a few weeks back & pulled up alongside 911 cab. There were a couple of boys being taken somewhere by mum in the 911 & they both peered out pointing & taking a good look at the Elan.

They're great little cars. if you think back to the late 80's nobody produced 2 seat convertables at the lower end of the market, Lotus decided to do it, produced a gorgeous looker with stunning performance. Mazda decided to do the same thing, copying the original Elan. Lotus sold their new Elan for £22k (each one cost them £30k to build), Mazda sold the MX-5 for £14k. The MX-5 became an icon, the Elan flopped. The Elan was a far superior car, still holds up better than the current MX-5's, and truly launched the 2 seat convertable market as we know it now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69499

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back