Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

97 Boxster annoying rattle

Wogster8

I have a mint 97 boxster, but there is an annoying light metalic noise coming from the rear right wheel, sounded like spring tension clip on the brake caliper but is not that nor the light metalic protection shield behind the brake disc ! I was wondering could it be the hand brake cable ? anyone had a similar problem and if so how do I go about fixing it ? it happens with vertical movement and only occassionally not over every bump and when you expect it to rattle it wont just happens on minor fluctuations in the road surface !! Annoying !! help much appreciated

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68711

Nothing worse than a rattle like that. I had an XKR once that could have served as the 'annoying noise' module case study for the City and Guilds motor maintenance course.

A similar noise was traced to the handbrake linkage- you can tell as the noise goes away when you gently pull the handbrake to apply a bit of tension.

Other than that, maybe a bushing?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68716

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back