Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

family car dilemma - help!!!

poon

Ok Chaps and Nic,

the family 325i touring is not big enough in the back for the three kiddies seats, the sports seats with side bolsters don't help, but even so its a pain.

So the missus is suggesting a 7 seater of some desciption!

As much as I love the touring its her that has to drive it regularly and it helps to keep her happy!

So the dilemma is this, what do I get? Budget £20kish.

She doesn't like big 4wd offroader types, such as the Cayenne, X5 etc.

She does like the Ford Focus S-max?

Suggestions with rationale, what cars are lemons etc.

TIA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67560

Stu,

I'm not a big fan of BMW's but what about a 5 series estate? E class's are huge..... E55 awesome (not sure on price though). Speak to Hendo about the Volvo XC90, think he had a liking for that at one stage.

Didn't the Smax get a pretty good review on Top Gear Sunday nite?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67563

The 5-series has much more space in the back compared to the 3. We can fit a baby seat, child seat and an adult in the back quite comfortably. The boot is massive, and I can imagine the touring will be even massive-er.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67569

if it's still an estate then an Audi A6 !

large, great value 2nd hand and excellent build quality.. shame about some of the dealers !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67573

Have to agree with Sundeep,

The A6 estate, is the thinking Porsche drivers family car,

I could be a bit in the A6 estate camp, as I have one, and an A4 estate :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67574

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by djsparkziebecool on 25 July 2006
New wife ?
:wink:

ha, can't afford to get a new one!

my heart is after a 5 series, she wants the s-max, maybe I'll let her get an s-max and I'll get myself a 968CS with the change :twisted:

Any other suggestions? What are Peugeots and Citroens MPV's like?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67576

E55 AMG Estate, used must be good value

RS6 Avant

warp drive Mr Sulu

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67578

What about an S6 avant, in silver all the bits, 340bhp normally asp, V8 4.2 engine

NO MPG, BUT many smiles per mile

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67580

Not wanting to bring the tone down from the Audi and BMW heights, but my sister has 3 kids and they all fit in a Renault Megane, along with all the other stuff that goes with have the aforesaid mentioned 3 kids! I'm not sure about your wife but from my experience Mothers couldn't careless about BHP etc etc.
If you were to get a Megane you've have plenty of change left over to buy a 968.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67586

Matt disagree re bhp,

I sold my wifes 3 litre BMW X3, cos times got a little hard, and she missed that 231 bhp under her right foot, and told me so

ALL THE TIME

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67589

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Matt Ball on 25 July 2006

Not wanting to bring the tone down from the Audi and BMW heights, but my sister has 3 kids and they all fit in a Renault Megane, along with all the other stuff that goes with have the aforesaid mentioned 3 kids! I'm not sure about your wife but from my experience Mothers couldn't careless about BHP etc etc.If you were to get a Megane you've have plenty of change left over to buy a 968.
I've got a megane and it's huge! on a recent motorway journey about 220 miles round trip, got 55mpg. It's the 1.9 diesel and it's got power, especially when the turbo kicks in!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67594

Poon How about just sticking a towbar and a trailer on the back of the GT3? :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67613

Seriously though I would go for the 5 series touring

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67614

[quote:Yveo65SM3o="Previous poster"]Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 25 July 2006
Matt disagree re bhp,]

Fair enough Daz . Once you've had a bit of power it's tough to go back to everyday regular, my sister has always had S**t cars!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67615

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back