Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 'RS' at Northway..

Daniel

Donnington
Lovely car, shame about the steering wheel being on the wrong side! :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67378

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 22 July 2006

Lovely car, shame about the steering wheel being on the wrong side! :p
Nothing wrong with that !!

Dan :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67379

Just spoke to Ray,

It will be for sale approx £53k,

Needs some work first, front paint work, leaking oil cam shaft gasket, power str leaking, and service required.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67380

Is that cheap ?

Dan

(bit of you Daz !!??)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67381

I want it,

However it would seem that there is que, and I am at the back,

esp as I have a pex.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67382

Cheap for a RHD certainly. I think only 40 RHD were made? Having seen the car you can definitely describe it as used - ie. it's been driven and not parked up as a garage queen, and the price reflects this. Agree with Mick, LHD better!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67383

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 993_2S on 22 July 2006

Cheap for a RHD certainly. I think only 40 RHD were made? Having seen the car you can definitely describe it as used - ie. it's been driven and not parked up as a garage queen, and the price reflects this. Agree with Mick, LHD better!
Still a cheap car !

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67384

Am I alone in thinking that the 993 RS looks far better with the 'small' standard spoiler and thet the RSR big wing should be left to RSRs and GT2s?

Just think that the narrow body suits the mini whale which comes with the RS and is the best looking of all 993s imho.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67401

I used to think that, but I'm not too keen on the standard spliter. The big spoiler is growing on me. I think bright colours like Spd yellow compliment the big spoiler much better than say silver or midnight blue.

BTW the RSR is also narrow C2 body.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67406

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 23 July 2006

Am I alone in thinking that the 993 RS looks far better with the 'small' standard spoiler and thet the RSR big wing should be left to RSRs and GT2s?

Just think that the narrow body suits the mini whale which comes with the RS and is the best looking of all 993s imho.

Dunc

as per

DSCF0005.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67407

Have you checked your VLSD recently? The photo indicates that they did not disengage the 4wd on the C4 on the rollers...

Not scaremongering, but the 993C4 runs a VLSD on the 4wd unit (unlike the 964C4 which is permanent and can be run on a dyno no problems), and it is prone to wear out if placed directly on a dyno without disengaging the front wheel drive. Same applies to the 993TT. It's worth having a chat with Andy Fearns or Allan at Weltmeister/WRC Technologies who run the same Dyno Dynamics dyno as in your photo!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67409

there were 3 of us C4 boys there that day(2x993 1x996),the operator checked with dyno-dynamics themselves about running them a day or 2 before we were there,and they said there should be no problem,the operator even showed me the test to show if they were "synchronised",he was happy and so were the other 2(more knowledgeable chaps than moi) to run the C4's............my car was in the OPC the following week getting a new fanbelt and i asked them to see if there was anything untoward,they said everything was A-OK,and there's been no leaks on my garage floor since,or any weird/funny noises coming from the front

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67411

Thats looks like Ray's own RS.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67418

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back