Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S

Nick P

I know you have all heard it before but I am a newbie to the Porsche marque and need a bit of advice having spent most of my years with M cars.

I have spotted a C4S in black with 20k miles and all the options including PCM, Bose, Sunroof, Sports Exhaust etc etc and it looks stunning. Its a 2003 03 car, not from a main dealer, but full history. It will cost me about £46k.

I always promised myself a Porsche one day and this seems to be one of the better models to go for according to the forum.

Does it sound right on price? Anything I should look out for on the car?

Thanks guys in advance and apologies for the "virgin" question!!

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67252

Hi Nick and welcome

Looks like the price is anything from 2K to 7K under OPC prices for similar depending on extras. The kit level on your target car ticks all the important boxes especially the sport exhaust. If it doesnt have Porsche extended warranty on it, then I 'd haggle a little to get 111 point inspection (200 odd squids) and extended warranty (725 odd squids) done or paid for.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67259

Sounds a good price for the right car/spec/colour,

Dive in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67263

She is all mine! Thanks for the advice guys...

I do need to sort a few scrapes on the wheels though - any advice on where I can get that done?

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/media2(3).jpg
Web link

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67389

Hi Nick,

Congrats, an excellent choice. The only better 911 is the 997 TT :wink:

Enjoy you will definatley not stop smiling now.

Alan.

996 C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67397

That was quick!!!

Congrats... :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67402

Congratulations

I too came from an M car (M3)

Had my C4S for a week now, they are fntastic.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67403

Thanks guys.... I left one of the new M5s' for this car and I aint disappointed yet!

There are so few cars that give a sense of occasion every time you turn the ignition on and I just hope this one continues to give me smiles :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67404

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 23 July 2006

That was quick!!!

They are hard to find so had to move quickly! You can tell its a London car by all scrapes on the alloys! Just hope that heavy clutch isnt about to give out after coping with all the traffic in the City.... I see your a London owner - any issues??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67405

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nick P on 22 July 2006

I do need to sort a few scrapes on the wheels though - any advice on where I can get that done?

Nick

They may be a bit of a distance from you but I had one of mine that was in a bad way sorted by these guys. When I collected, they had a number of vans on the forecourt. Fella told me not for at home repair but for collections and delivery.

http://www.lepsons.com/
- give them a call re collections and stuff.

I paid £58 for what was a new rim when it came back, so good was the re-furb.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67415

Gorgeous by the way!!!

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67416

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nick P on 23 July 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 23 July 2006

That was quick!!!

They are hard to find so had to move quickly! You can tell its a London car by all scrapes on the alloys! Just hope that heavy clutch isnt about to give out after coping with all the traffic in the City.... I see your a London owner - any issues??
No, no probs, my cars knocking on 40k and clutch feels fine...it actually felt better after i did a track day back in March... :)

(mind u it did most of its mileage up in Solihul, not London)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67420

Congratulations Nick, Good looking car and a nice spec

Welcome to the club

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67428

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back