Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cassette tray

richardofengland

Nurburgring
I have a 4 slot pop out cassette tray in the centre consol above the DSP controls. First buyer must have been a disco diva.

Was looking to change this for a CD version, so does anyone know what this will cost, is it easy to do, does it have to be a porsche one and is there something else i should consider instead

Thanks

rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67010

not that much and easy DIY change, ring up your local OPC parts to find the retail price

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67020

Thanks, quite nostalgic really a cassette holder, but definitely needs a makeover.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67022

Richard,

I have the same on my 993. I think you'll be able to pick up the CD version on ebay or somewhere like type 911 on the net.

Toby

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67107

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 18 July 2006

Thanks, quite nostalgic really a cassette holder, but definitely needs a makeover.
i still listen to my old tapes when im in the car.................. :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67110

I've almost dispensed with CD's and now just listen to the ipod!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67125

I only listen to the radio because the CD tray doesn't work any more
3sadwalk.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67129

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 19 July 2006

I've almost dispensed with CD's and now just listen to the ipod!
what do you use for your ipod? itrip...denison...? any good? I'm considering getting something but i tried a friend's itrip and in London its just not an option! :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67142

And illegal, carrying a custodial sentence and upto £5000 fine and confiscation of the equipment [which could be the car]. It is covered under the legislation which controls pirate radio so the risk is small but there if you happen to annoy the wrong plod.

They are considering legalising them but this is not yet a done deal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67159

I had ipod cradle fitted as my centra console has the extra piece on the left for a moby phone. cheaper than a new console. works great as well.

Ipod works great, jus tneed to ge the bloody cd changer working, says playing trackxxx and does nothing else. not that important with an ipod as well, but very annoying.

rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67162

rodders

I had the tray then ditched it foe the twin cup holders, much better....

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67168

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 19 July 2006

alas I have a Creative Zen jukebox rather than an Ipod so there's nothing really catering for that in-car

alas? alas? There's no alas about it. What it means is that, like me, you are not one of the brainwashed iPod herd and that you can hold your head up high, knowing that you are an individual and not a number. You are a free man!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67169

don't get me wrong.........i LOVE my Creative Zen..........but find the lack of In-car accessories for it compared to the Ipod stuff a tad irritating

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67171

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 19 July 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 18 July 2006

i still listen to my old tapes when im in the car.................. :oops:
No doubt the Julie Andrews classics while bombing through the Alps huh?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67172

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back