Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Values Slipping Quickly

Tiptronic

Banned
2003 PORSCHE 911 GT3 GT3 2dr Carrera Gt Coupe,
23,000 miles, Birds forcing very reluctant sale of my pride and joy! Silver,Usual spec,Just been serviced,4 new tyres,beautiful car,advice to blokes-Stay single!. £47,995. ono

--------------------------------------------------

2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 50,000 miles, Metallic Black, MOT-06-2007. ABS, Adjustable seats, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Body kit, CD Multichanger, DVD, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Full service history, Head restraints, Metallic paintwork, Spoiler. This is not some copy cat 911 with a bodykit. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!!! THE FULL BLOWN RACE BRED GT3!!! THE BEST HANDLING SUPERCAR YOU CAN BUY. Pristine example. owned by secretary of Porsche GB club. Has just had 8000 spent on DVD / SAT NAV / CD / IPOD ALPINE sound system. Taken on as part exchange for my M3. Would love to keep this car, but i just cant fit the family in the car! Please call David on: 07714 459225. Managing Directors car. £37,995

--------------------------------------------------

2004 PORSCHE 911 GT3 GT3 2dr Carrera Gt Coupe,
4,741 miles, black leather, tracker, cat-d rec, porsche inspection/service, very desirable spec, climate control, abs, cd player, elec windows/mirrors, alarm/immob, £10k less than its value, as new condition, cherished car dry weather use only. £48,995

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66422

Last one posted is a cat D,

however it would seem that the GT3 price bubble is bursting, could this be because of the new one I wonder.

I guess the laws of physics apply to all 911's :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66424

Hes off again! All 996 GT3 owners, hands over your ears ... La la la la! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66425

:( :( :(

good job I don't need to sell..

....no excuse now Daz go get one...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66426

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 12 July 2006

You can go off people :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66430

Go on Daz ... they do look very tempting right about now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66432

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 12 July 2006

Previous poster said:

Didn't think that was an issue, since thats not the first time you've said that to me :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66433

So that's about the same money you could get for your C4S Daz. Really no excuse not to get one now. Still I would wait until the new GT3 appears, I think your might see a few cars being traded.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66434

Keeping a crafty eye that is all,

I have a feeling they have further to go, a long way yet.

Why?

Cos those who bought them originally have had no reason to change till now, and now that they have with the new one, they will be all part-exing them, and there will be a glut of them on the market coming up to Xmas.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66438

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 12 July 2006

Previous poster said:

Didn't think that was an issue, since thats not the first time you've said that to me :D

Probably wont be the last either :twisted: :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66439

Cat D GT3? Erm, no thanks.

50k GT3 for £38k? Not bad, but that's the going rate for a higher mileage '3.

So, no, the prices of them are not falling significantly. In fact, good independents like Camtune are advertising a Mk1 GT3 for the exact same money as they were 7 months ago.

Many enthusiasts (ie, the well looked after GT3s) are not going to trade up from the 996GT3 to the 997 model as the price differential is too high for too little. The 997GT3 is no quicker than the outgoing model when set up correctly, and it also includes many of the electronic gizmos that many enthusiasts are not looking for... have a look on Rennlist to see the thread on the GT3 and uproar the USA-mandatory SUNROOF is causing potential buyers...

There will be some slight softening, but certainly not much more. In fact, I suspect residuals will firm up even more - especially the earlier Mk1 due to rarity and how GT3s are all the rage at the moment...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66479

Aid the first car for £48k is 2003 23k miles car in silver, with fsh and no probs,

and for £48k,

That car would have been £54k 6 months ago,

10% or more in 6 months is a lot.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66481

As a private sale, it's quite good. Higher mileage than many would like... I suspect he's aiming for what an OPC would have paid for the car. With the new 997GT3, Mk2 GT3s will be hit hardest me thinks...

... but not as hard as the C4S...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66512

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 13 July 2006

As a private sale, it's quite good. Higher mileage than many would like... I suspect he's aiming for what an OPC would have paid for the car. With the new 997GT3, Mk2 GT3s will be hit hardest me thinks...... but not as hard as the C4S...

Having a Zidane moment Aid?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66513

Two things you need to take into account.

1) 996 or even 997 GT3 and RS are produced in much greater no. than the 993/964 RS, and therefore less of the "rarity" value.

2) Even the 993 and 964 RS had a fair bit of price drop before going up again. The 964 RS was down to as low as £15k at one point and only started to go back up again in the recent yrs.

So expect the 996/997 GT3 / RS to drop in price for a fair bit before you see any substantial re-gain in value. So good time to buy Daz!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66517

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back