Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster buying advice

Phil Mew

Hey Guys,

I currently have a deposit on a new TT for delivery March next year. But the new boxster has recently really turned my head........

Any buying advice, including if i will be able to get any discount?

Any help would be appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63511

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Phil Mew on 14 June 2006

But the new boxster has recently really turned my head........
I hear that Boots do a really good value range of hair care products that stop that sort of thing. Is that any help? No? Oh! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63515

note to self..................when looking for advice on Boxsters............never ask a 911 forum :wink:
...........unless thick-skinned/GSH

seriously tho,depends what budget you have and whether its a TT speedster your comparing with,if its the coupe then best maybe try and compare with the entry-level Cayman...........as for discount.........IIRC its nigh on impossible to get one,other than earlier delivery

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63526

wrong forum and wrong question by the sounds of it........... :oops:

Can you point me in the direction of a Boxter forum?

Cheers.......................

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63538

theres one called boxanet or similar

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63544

Thanks fot the help, dont worry i will not be back.............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63549

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Phil Mew on 14 June 2006

Thanks fot the help, dont worry i will not be back.............

Your welcome here, but dont expect too much enthusiam towards boxsters.but "general" porsche banter is very welcome........ :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63553

Why all the derision about Boxsters.........at least the engine is in the right place. You've scared the poor chap away.

*FLAME SUIT ON*

Caveat:I'm told they make great cars for 'lesser' drivers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63555

i dont think any of us have any "against" Boxsters, but as this forum is called 911uk, Boxster owners arnt really going to have much in common with us are they?

Same thing if a M3 owner goes into a M6 forum......................

Its nothing personal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63556

I'm new here but I'd have thought 911 owners would feel some sort of cameradery with fellow Porsche owners. Maybe I'll feel different when I get my 911 let's wait and see.

M car owners are generaly well accepted whichever model they drive over on the BMW forums I contribute to.

Anyway I'm sure you were all kidding, right?

Boxster for hairdressers? You'll be telling me next 911's are only for pinstriped crass yuppies from the 80's

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63558

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by LHD on 14 June 2006

I'm new here but I'd have thought 911 owners would feel some sort of cameradery with fellow Porsche owners.

Thats why i said "general Porsche banter" :|

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63561

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by LHD on 14 June 2006

Boxster for hairdressers? You'll be telling me next 911's are only for pinstriped crass yuppies from the 80's
only if they are red ......... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63562

Welcome LHD. Any luck looking for your yuppie pimp mobile? :p

Mustn't take us too seriously, these lot are a bunch of jokers, hang around and you'll find out. Most of them, esp the one called Daz, don't have a proper day time job, so they spend all day taking the piss.

I like Porsche of all sort, well, may be not the KN, but not particularly interested or passionate about any other models, personal choice really, and that dosen't meant I don't respect them. I'm sure the other guys would agree too.

Afterall, it is 911uk here, and not all-porsche-uk!?! :D
stick around and have a laugh. You don't even have to get a 911 to stick around but expect limited knowlege about other Porsche models and do expect some piss taking if you get a Boxster!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63563

If I was to buy a Boxster then some piss taking on line would be the least of my worries. I think the boys at work would be making jokes at my expense ad infinitum.

Like you I'm a fan of most Porsches (excepting the school run SUV special). I was just concerned you might have frightened Phil away.

I'm going to mak sure I do my best to live upto the image when I get my 911, red braces, brick sized mobile and an unshakeable faith in my own superiority (till I stick it through a hedge backwards) PIP PIP! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63564

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back