Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yorkshire Concours

supersport

Suzuka
The yorkshire PCGB region just had its local concours yesterday and a very good event it was too, a 200+ cars turned up to have an oggle and chat.

But it is interesting how the concours was dominated by the aircooled and older 911s and 356, including a particularly nice 356 Speedster! Ther might have been 1 996, 2 boxters and a caymen amongst the entrants, but that was it.

I wonder if this reflects the changing nature of 911 ownership (not on here obviously) or do they just not make good concours entries.

Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62230

I wondered the same at the North West concours last year.....

Not one Boxster or 996 entered. :roll:

Pity I couldn't make it, Harewood is always a good show, I hope you made the most of the Strasse hospitality?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62259

Unfortunately not we took our own picnic and sat in the sun munching on smoked salmon and a very nice chilled white wine.

Well, in reality we stuffed the salmon in as fast as it will go, our two year old can't get enough of the suff!

Am looking forward to the Raby castle/Tipec and possibly the PCGB big one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62484

I dont think it is a reflection of owners so much as how new the cars would be, even the oldest 996 is only 9 years old, and still attracts a daily driver,

Where as the older cars will be papmered garage queens,

I would imagine in another 10 years or so, there to be many more boxsters and 996 entering these type of events.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62486

I guess you could be right there, but there are definitely some 996 garage queens around, seems like a complete waste of time to me.

Is really daft logic really, but if I had a 996/7 model 911, I don't think I would be anywhere near as precious about using her in dodgy conditions etc. Would still be garaged and kept clean and shiny though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62489

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 06 June 2006

Where as the older cars will be papmered garage queens,
That is what Tara would like to be....

She's currently sulking as she's still filthy from Wales

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62490

If you had a 996/7 you wouldn't be calling it 'her' either...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62491

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 06 June 2006

nah........you'd probably be calling an OPC about a leaking rad,leaking RMS....you get me drift :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62492

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 06 June 2006

Mines a her! When I'm sliding my slick Zymoled palms over the sensuous curves, It would feel a little uncomfortable calling it Boris or Klaus :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62493

No I wouldn't, well not all the time as it would be a GT3, which it would be hard to call a her, just doesn't make the right noise!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62495

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 06 June 2006

Mines a her! When I'm sliding my slick Zymoled palms over the sensuous curves, It would feel a little uncomfortable calling it Boris or Klaus :wink:
isn't it a bit early for X rated stuff?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62496

Here is a little piccy of Harewood, it was the end of the day so most of the visitors had gone, but you can see how many cars would have been around!

The ugly mug in the photo is me and my two year old is grinning like a fool in the back seat!

harewood.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62497

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by supersport on 06 June 2006

No I wouldn't, well not all the time as it would be a GT3, which it would be hard to call a her, just doesn't make the right noise!
I don't know. You should have heard my ex snoring - more like a 964RS

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62512

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 06 June 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by supersport on 06 June 2006

I don't know. You should have heard my ex snoring - more like a 964RS
rofl.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62513

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back