Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Running temp in summer

Philip1972

Just out of interest really-can anyone with a 996 (mine is a 3.4) tell me the normal operating temp in hot weather?

Mine is usually a tiny bit above 80 but today was half way between 80 and the next mark-which is the ¾ mark…it is warm and I was in traffic.

Is this too hot or OK?

Thanks all

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62213

Mine often sits around that latter mark. I've often wondered if this is a little high.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62221

If it gets really hot in traffic, raise your spoiler this will help a little,

With regards operating temp, sounds about right

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62223

I'm gonna sound thick here, and I haven't read the owners manual yet either Daz :oops:
......but where is the button to raise the spoiler ? I was told when I bought it that it could only be set by the OPC and have not bothered to check since, although this could be handy given some of the traffic I sit in!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62234

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 05 June 2006

I'm gonna sound thick here, and I haven't read the owners manual yet either Daz :oops:
......but where is the button to raise the spoiler ? I was told when I bought it that it could only be set by the OPC and have not bothered to check since, although this could be handy given some of the traffic I sit in!
On mine it is on the drivers right side down my the fuse box, it is an unmarked rocker switch.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62238

IN traffic about a month ago mine was getting up to 95 ish, just turned off the engine for a bit, the que so was bad I didn't even hold anyone up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62240

Anyone ever fitted one of those spoiler switches you sometimes see on eBay?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62243

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 05 June 2006

What are they then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62244

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip1972 on 05 June 2006

Previous poster said:

What are they then?
A reasonably useless mod that allows you to fill one of the blanks on your centre console. For those of us without many fancy options.

eBay link here

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62245

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip1972 on 05 June 2006

Previous poster said:

What are they then?
A reasonably useless mod that allows you to fill one of the blanks on your centre console. For those of us without many fancy options.

eBay link here
tbh, it'd save me looking like a twit when I want to cruise round with the spoiler up (because I can), and people see you bending down to hit the buttom near your right foot. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62340

You only have to hold it down to lower the spoiler - it's a one touch jobby to raise it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62352

IT doesn't say that it is compatable for pre-facelift cars. :(
Plus, I already have three buttons on the left hand side (but none on the right! :( )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62354

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 05 June 2006

Plus, I already have three buttons on the left hand side (but none on the right! :( )
That's unballanced and will upset the handling on a non-PSM car :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62356

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 05 June 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 05 June 2006

That's unballanced and will upset the handling on a non-PSM car :p
I've decided to solve the PSM problem and buy a PSM button off ebay and fit it in my car. This is the only way I am going to be able to prove PSM does not make you go faster! :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62375

LOL :p

I am busy looking at the supercharger options, so I can kick ass in a straight which is the only place anyone will belive that it isnt PSM driving :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62377

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back