Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

polish for new arrival

richardofengland

Nurburgring
in anticipation of new car this weekend, was wondering what is the best zymol for silver paintwork. Is this a straighforward question and not a 'well i use this and its much cheaper'

thanks

richard

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60716

G hope you dont mind me giving away some of your little secrets.. :wink:

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60729

On a light coloured car you are wasting your money on expensive waxes, try Zaino, Carlack or Klasse. If you still want to use a wax, top off one of the aforementioned products with P21S.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60770

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 23 May 2006

Royale.
if you have the budget !

but most from the Zymol range are good, I use Titanium which is probably a good mid range wax which does a great job.....

obviously check out Vertar for the goods and that 911uk discount

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60783

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 24 May 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 23 May 2006

Royale.
if you have the budget !

but most from the Zymol range are good, I use Titanium which is probably a good mid range wax which does a great job.....

He wanted to know the best zymol and "not the cheaper option" alternative. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60864

[quote:eLnayHKbtI="Previous poster"]Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 24 May 2006[quote:eLnayHKbtI="Previous poster"]Quote: [i:eLnayHKbtI]Originally posted by Sundeep on 24 May 2006[quote:eLnayHKbtI="Previous poster"]Quote: [i:eLnayHKbtI]Originally posted by G-Unit on 23 May 2006 Royale. [/QUOTE]if you have the budget !
[/QUOTE]
He wanted to know the best zymol and "not the cheaper option" alternative. :wink:

[/i:eLnayHKbtI][/QUOTE][/i:eLnayHKbtI]
Yes I know but you have to educate the uneducated as they don't know any better :wink: :D :D

It is like a child in a toy shop, always want the biggest and shiniest thing, not because its the best but because their friends have it :D :D :D :D :D

Just on one of my rants :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60937

I've been using Vintage on my silver... and I think it's a waste as there is no difference compared to P21S on the gloss/shine/depth other than slightly better durability.

I'm going to give Rejex a try as it has good reviews as an exceptionally durable product and good for the lighter metallics...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60942

OC,

If you use Rejex it really benefits from topping off with a wax, gets rid of the plasticky look, although on silver maybe OK.

Used it on Horizon blue and got really good results.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60955

William,

I've heard that whilst wax will add warmth to the Rejex, does it actually impair Rejex's ability to prevent dirt/grime sticking? I've heard that Rejex *works* best when not coated with wax even though it may not *look* as good as when coated with wax.

Any tips on Rejex application?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60963

Don't know about impairing the slickness, but it maybe be more down to the fact that the wax is not as durable as Rejex and will wear off quicker.

Application is a two coat process and you have to allow the 12 - 24 hour curing to take place in between coats, other than that easy to put on, just a bit of elbow grease to get it off.

Remember to remove the first coat as I know somebody who thought you had to leave it on for the curing to take place and he had a heck of a job the next day to buff it off :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60967

thanks for all the comments, especially the royale tips from the real comedians on the site. Porsche owners and funny guys to, women must not stand a chance !!

It was not that I wanted the best as in most expensive, more the best from the range shown on the zymol starter kits. I had not even heard of the royale and had to look it up.

Will probably go for the titanium on the basis of car use, but I will consider some of the other more helpful comments.

thanks

Richard

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60989

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back