Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo @ motorexpo

Its nicer in the flesh!

I was at Weissach a few weeks ago with PCGB and a few of use were trying to work out why there was a 997 turbo flying around with a roll cage in it. Perhaps the rumours of a replacement GT2 are not so far fetched.

And, one of the gentleman on the trip, not a Porsche fan, put himself down for a GT3RS for collection in September which again, until a few weeks ago, wasn't on the cards.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60479

Cool, might have to go and have a look on Sunday

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60483

I didn't know that - thanks for the info...will go for an early lunch-time walkabout in 15 mins and feedback what I find!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60609

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Corbett on 22 May 2006

Its nicer in the flesh!

I was at Weissach a few weeks ago with PCGB and a few of use were trying to work out why there was a 997 turbo flying around with a roll cage in it. Perhaps the rumours of a replacement GT2 are not so far fetched.

And, one of the gentleman on the trip, not a Porsche fan, put himself down for a GT3RS for collection in September which again, until a few weeks ago, wasn't on the cards.

Anthony, I almost went on that trip, couldn't quite afford it this year, looks like a brilliant trip though. Hopefully will be on it next year :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60625

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Tim Riseborough on 23 May 2006

I didn't know that - thanks for the info...will go for an early lunch-time walkabout in 15 mins and feedback what I find!
Lovely cobalt blue...looks fantastic...I didn't want to look at it for too long, otherwise I would have done something rash

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60627

dohhh its been a busy day so far will do it this afternoon

where on the estate is it?

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60654

In the 1 Canada Square tower's reception (along with Aston and Maserati)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60667

Its going to be after wrk, still stuck here :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60696

Tells you who the buyers are then. Don't suppose there are a lot of Ford Focuses or Rangers on show ???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60816

Haha - I think you might be right...although to be fair, there are reasonably sized Toyata, Saab and Subaru areas (not that busy mind!)....I think the largest presence is Land Rover (which is obviously due to the large number of farmers who work in Canary Wharf... :evil: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60895

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Tim Riseborough on 24 May 2006

I think the largest presence is Land Rover (which is obviously due to the large number of farmers who work in Canary Wharf... :evil: )
Yep ... and their wives all live in Esher/Cobham and drive Range Rovers Sports like Robs!!! Is tough out here in the country!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60902

Just got back, what a beaut the turbo is lovely colour as well, cayman was also getting lots of attention, the boxster on the other hand was seriously unloved :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60906

Too many Boxsters around now but I can't quite see why someone would pay so much more for a Cayman over an S, especialliy if they'd seen the S on a track.

997S would be enough for me, although its a shame that the 4 doesn't have the reflector across the back in the same way as the 996. (The anorak has just been returned).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60923

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Corbett on 24 May 2006

997S would be enough for me, although its a shame that the 4 doesn't have the reflector across the back in the same way as the 996. (The anorak has just been returned).
Totally Agree the strip does make a big diff, but 997s is still a looker imo, if you offered me one i'd bite your hand off :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60929

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back