Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car-Lack and Zymol

Maxy M

Barcelona
OK, gave the Audi some treatment yesterday:

• Wash
  • Clay all over
  • Meguiar's Scratch X where necessary
  • HD Cleanse
  • Car-Lack Long Life acryl wax
  • Zymol Titanium on top.
Car looks good - but it did after the HD Cleanse. Was impressed with the Car-Lack stuff: went on and came off nicely.

I did only half the roof with Zymol to see if there is any difference between Car-Lack and Car-Lack + Zymol. No visual difference and, now it's peeing with rain this am, no water beading difference either.

Interesting. Maybe more layers of Car-Lack and/or Zymol would make a difference - although I've got other things to do than lavish attention on cars. Maybe one half of the roof will prove more durable than the other.

Will experiment more with 993 soon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57655

Let us know how the experiment goes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57678

Interesting.

I'm going the same route, except I was hoping to forgo the HD cleanse and prepare the bodywork with the Car-Lack 68 cleanser. I'm hoping this is easier to apply, as I've always hated applying the HD cleanse.

As with you I will follow with the Car-Lack Acryl Wax and top off with the couple of coats of Zymol Glasur.

Hope it's going to be worth the effort ... on Arctic Silver.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57683

The carlack68 is slightly abrasive so no need for HD Cleanse.

You cannot layer the Carlack68 only the Carlack Acryl Wax.

JT,

Don't know if you will see any difference on Artic silver

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57702

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 08 May 2006

Interesting.

I'm going the same route, except I was hoping to forgo the HD cleanse and prepare the bodywork with the Car-Lack 68 cleanser. I'm hoping this is easier to apply, as I've always hated applying the HD cleanse.

As with you I will follow with the Car-Lack Acryl Wax and top off with the couple of coats of Zymol Glasur.

Hope it's going to be worth the effort ... on Arctic Silver.

Mark @ carsparkle.com suggested claying the car before using the carlack68 systemic care (polish), then applying the Acryl wax.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57903

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 08 May 2006

pics MAXY !
WHAT? You want to see pics of an Audi A4 estate (that does look quite good, I admit)??!!!

Have you been sniffing superunleaded again? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58080

Doesn't the Zymol only bond to HD-cleansed surfaces?

Maybe the car-lack is acting as a barrier to which the Zymol can't bond.

The true test would be HD cleanse/zymol on one side, and hd cleanse/car lack on the other surely?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58921

HD Cleanse is only a polish and if you don't believe me read the ingredients and you will see that it contains kaopolite which is an abrasive, zymol does not need anything special to work as it is a wax.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 58935

Blimy it used to be so easy to clean a car!

Bucket of soapy water and a sponge .. 20 mins later you were in the pub!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 60663

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back