Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LLandow Track Day Number Plates

Daniel

If any one wants a set of number plates to cover up there registration number (I am having DAN C2 or DAN 993)..

Please let me know, I can get a set (GB or NON GB) from the company I work for at £5 per set..

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56929

I'll do rolls of sticky black tape for £2.50 :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56933

who are you expecting to be hiding in the bushes ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56940

LOL- No one, but if any pic's go in any mags, don't want people knowing I have track day'ed my car !! :wink:

Dan

(So why do you have them on your car when tracking ?? :eek: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56941

I've run days with them on for years, it's only last year or so that I got a set track day plate but that was only to make it easier to spot the pics afterwards with the track day photgrapher.. and it makes a much better picture

or I just take off the front as it helps front front aero's better

anyway from the guys I know, tracked cars are some of the best looked after cars out there....

but if you can make up a plate...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56950

Dan

Woz just going to put some tape over the plates but for a fiver can you have me made up SRW 1.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56952

Will Do ! GB ? and you want anything written along the bottom ?

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56954

GB yeah why not......nothing along the bottom that I can think of that's even prinatble.....so best leave 'em blank...Cheers......will arrange to meet up over a beer when you have 'em as I'm in Horley at least twice a week.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56958

Bloke told me last night that insurers have snappers at trackdays so they know who's doing what and can rumble the people without trackday cover that have an 'incident' and then say it happened on the road.

True?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56973

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 03 May 2006

Bloke told me last night that insurers have snappers at trackdays so they know who's doing what and can rumble the people without trackday cover that have an 'incident' and then say it happened on the road.

True?
Sounds like an urban leg-end - but who knows?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56974

I figure easier not to take the risk for only a fiver.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56975

hmm..... !

:?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56976

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult if the insurers were so inclined to club together & pay for an "observer" at track days. In such circumstances taking the number plate off would probably not achieve much protection.

"Observer" merely records a blue 996 C4S suffers accident damage to the nearside front wing and circulates such data to the insurers. 2 days later an owner of a blue 996 C4s submits claim for accident damage to nearside front wing. Cue very close investigation into origin of accident by insurer.

Not hard to do IMHO. And wouldn't surprise me. so watch out for shady characters in raincoats taking notes at Llandow. Better still just don't stack the car! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56977

Has happend to a guy who totalled a car at the Nurbring,

I think he is doing time for it!

No the number plates thing is more the IMHO

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56979

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 03 May 2006

Has happend to a guy who totalled a car at the Nurbring,I think he is doing time for it!No the number plates thing is more the IMHODaz
not being picky, but the ring is a road, albeit classed as a scenic road without a speed limit, but if you stack it on a de-restricted bit of autobahn , how is it any different to the ring?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 56982

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back